Thank You

Thank you ALL for the birthday wishes this weekend. I'm loving my 30's and so thankful for this season in life. I don't know if I have ever felt SO loved. I live with a man who literally makes me feel like the most cherished gift. I told him I didn't want anything this year for my birthday. Last year was just too much me with the wedding, honeymoon & surprise 30th birthday party that he threw. (I know some of you are shocked to hear me say that). I wanted this year to be low key.

Todd always does sweet things for special occasions and this one was no different. He surprised me with Sunset Slush on Saturday night. He had drive all the way to North Raleigh to grab my favorite treat- Mango! Then this morning he stood outside of Kid City and told all my girls that it was my birthday. He also suggested that they sing to me and then go around a circle and tell me one thing that they liked about it. They were SO sweet and funny. I got a lot of "you're the best sunday school teacher ever" but I was surprised to get "You're the kindest person I've met". (Obviously the poor thing hasn't met too many people in her few 8 years of life!)

In church this morning I got a bit overwhelmed by God's goodness. Psalm 27:13 says that if we "wait on the Lord", that we will "see the goodness in the land of the living". This verse was the theme to our wedding last year and I feel like I have been living in that goodness all year. I've never been happier & more fulfilled in my life. It was a long road to get to this place and I have to say THANK YOU to all my family and friends who have stuck by me through it. I know I can be high maintenance. I know I have cried, whined & complained for years about the way life was looking for me and YOU (yes, you reading this right now) stuck by me. Thank YOU for loving me even when I wasn't loveable. I have the BEST friends and MOST loyal family anybody could ask for!


P.S. I have my last photography class tomorrow night and this weekend was pack full so there are LOTS of pictures to share with you this week. Stay tuned!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP