My 3 new favorite things!

It has been a long, stressful, crazy two weeks. I am SO glad the last 2 weeks are over. To celebrate I did a little shopping this week and I want to share with you my new 3 favorite things!

1. New Camera Lens
I finally purchased a new lens! A 50 mm, 1.8 Prime Lens! I just tried it out for the 1st time yesterday. I'm loving it even though it takes some adjusting to get use to it. Its a fixed lens which means that you can't zoom in & out like you can on a regular or zoom lens. I'm so use to zooming that its weird not to zoom and I catch myself trying to mess with the lens to zoom it.

From Picasa

From Picasa

This is the cheapest Canon lens for the quality. I'm excited to see what it will do. I'm holding off on the big purchase of a nice zoom lens until I know what I really want. But this will work for awhile.

This is our neighbor Tylan. This is straight out of the camera (SOOC) with no editing with my new lens. Pretty clear!
From Picasa

2. Spring Shoes
I "accidentally" went to Belk on Wednesday night and picked up these fancy shoes. If you know me, you know that I usually don't purchase anything thats NOT on sale. But I made a splurge this week and just love these.

From Picasa

The brand is BORN and they are my new favorite shoes. They are so freakin comfortable. I hope they go on sale soon because I want every color! I just loved this color. They scream "Spring Is Here!"
From Picasa

3. CRAIG Sign
My last favorite thing is not something I purchased for myself. Instead it is an anniversary gift from my friend Geraldean. G has got to be one of the BEST gift givers on the planet. Her gifts are always SO thoughtful & they are always something that you wouldn't necessarily purchase for yourself but they are always something that you couldn't imagine not having. For our wedding gift last year she bought us a romantic dinner on the beach in the Turks & Caicos. She literally called down to the Turks, found the nicest restaurant & we had dinner like rockstars on the beach as the sun went down. It was simply incredible and she's done it again this year.

She had a sign made for us! Don't you love it??? I freakin adore it. I love the "Established in 2010" on top. Definitely something that we can pass on to our children one day.
From Picasa

I just had Todd hang it on the front of the house. It looks so cool. I originally thought we'd hang it inside but it really looks nice by the front door. Can't say thank you enough G!!! We love it and we LOVE YOU!!!!!
From Picasa

From Picasa

I hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather this weekend!
Love,
Candice

geraldean  – (March 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM)  

It looks really good next to your red door!! Glad you guys love it :) Miss y'all!!

Nat  – (March 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM)  

You are going to love the lens and will get used to it quick. Love the shoes and the sign. Geraldean is a great gift giver.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP