24

Just warning ya- this post is a bit long. I had my last photography class last week. Can't believe that 8 weeks have flown by. I have learned SO much in the last two months. I seriously didn't know ANYTHING. I have taken pictures for years but have never gotten off the "AUTO" mode. I know how to shoot in MANUAL now. I know the 3 things that make up a picture- aperature, shutter speed & ISO. I know that there is SO much more to learn that it sometimes frustrates me and makes me wish that I would have kept it on AUTO. (Ignorance is bliss) But I'm glad I took the class because it was a beginning and it has definitely sparked my interest in photography.

On our last night of class, we had to bring 24 prints to show everybody. I've been working on getting 24 shots that were worthy of being printed and to be honest, it was hard. I took some old ones and edited them a bit but the majority I've taken since I've been in the class. I'll post them in chronilogical order and hope that you'll see some improvement as you go through each of them.

1. Hops- This picture was taken at the Carolina Brewing Co. during our FIRST EVER ANNUAL BREW-A-QUE this past 4th of July. I love how sharp the picture is and wonder how much better it could have been if I had a macro lense.

From 24 Pics

2.G- This is a picture of my girlfriend Geraldean with one of her twin girls (I think its Augusteen???). I did quite a bit of editing on this one since it was taken with my point & shoot camera. But I just love it because it really captures a mother who truly enjoys and loves her children. Geraldean has got to be one of the BEST mothers on earth! I have NEVER heard Geraldean complain ONCE about having a baby let alone having TWO of them. She wanted children so badly that she says that she never wants to complain about any stage that the girls are in because she wanted them so much. G is definitely someone I admire and I will strive to have that same attitude when it comes my turn one day.
From 24 Pics

3.Kinley- This is my niece Kinley. Its one of the first pictures that I took with my new camera. I love the lighting on it and love those beautiful blue eyes. Mark my words- she's gonna be a heartbreaker in a few years.
From 24 Pics

4. Kinley & Houston- Love this picture of Houston loving up on Kinley. I love her reaction- she's like what the freak is this kid doing to me?
From 24 Pics

5. Destin Sunset- I took this picture INSIDE of a moving car while we were in Destin for Christmas. Ain't bad for a moving car right? I think its just beautiful.
From 24 Pics

6.Sunset- I don't know if the composure is right on this but I like it anyway. I stopped on the side of the road near a shopping complex in Apex to get this one.
From 24 Pics

7. 710- My friend Meredith & I went to Boylan Street Pub to get some cool shots of downtown Raleigh a few weeks ago. I didn't end up with a cool pic of downtown but thought this was cool. Its a new apartment complex and I thought the doors were gorgeous. Just wish it didn't have the shawdow on it.
From 24 Pics

8 & 9. I took these a few weeks ago in downtown close to where I work. I'm SO excited that spring is here. Its been a cold winter in Raleigh this year and I'm thankful for a change.
From 24 Pics
From 24 Pics

10 & 11. More sunsets- The sunsets in the winter here are amazing.This first one I literally took outside my office window. It amazed me how clear it was because our windows NEVER get cleaned. I wish the 2nd shot was a bit better (and had less telephone poles in it) but I just love the "beaming" rays. Reminds me that Jesus is coming back for me one day!
From 24 Pics
From Photography Pics

12 - 20. You've seen these shots recently. They're all from our trip to Utah.

Historic Main Street in downtown Park City. Looks like a postcard to me.
From 24 Pics

An old garage that they turned into a bar.
From 24 Pics

Icicles! It was chilly.
From 24 Pics

Old wood fireplace that was located in the No Name Saloon. I don't know why I love this picture but I just do. Reminds me of something on a movie set not something that you'd see in a local bar.
From 24 Pics

Heaven on Earth- the Montage Resort!!! No need to say more.
From 24 Pics

The Lodges Ski Resort. Love the black & white.
From 24 Pics

Wish I would have taken a pair home!
From Park City, UT

Probably my favorite picture in the 24. I just love this. Makes me hungry.
From 24 Pics

An okay picture but a GREAT reminder how we spent our last night in Park City.
From 24 Pics
21 & 22. You just saw this in the last post. Came from my trip to Yates Mill Pond.
From 24 Pics

From 24 Pics

23 & 24. You've seen these too.
From 24 Pics

From 24 Pics

Hopefully you've seen some improvement. I know I've learned a lot. I just got my birthday present this week- a new prime lense. 50mm 1.8. I'm very excited to try it out this weekend.

It's been a crazy week here. Hope yours is going well!
Love,
Candice

Nat  – (March 17, 2011 at 4:12 AM)  

A great start to your photography journey! Maybe you should be a food photographer? ;P The 50mm is the perfect lens for that.

Kim  – (March 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM)  

Love these, BF! My favorite one is the wall of boots! Good work!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP