Rugged Maniac Mud Run

Todd had a mud run this past weekend in Asheboro, NC. He was 1 of 16 folks from Holly Springs Training that went as a team to compete amongst 5,000 other people! I went along as the team's photographer and to support Todd. What's a mud run you ask? I'll tell you.

A mud run is when perfectly normal & clean people do a 3 mile race where there is TONS of mud & TONS of obstacles. So they go from looking like this....

From Mud Run

To looking like this....
From Mud Run

Why would anybody do this? Your guess is as good as mine. NO CLUE! It isn't my cup of tea but they sure had fun. So how did they get this dirty nasty? I'll show ya.

They start out as a normal run on a dirt path. Not too bad right?
From Mud Run

Then that dirt path gets dusty.
From Mud Run

There are ladders to climb.
From Mud Run

Hot firey coals to jump over.
From Mud Run
From Mud Run

Tires to run through.
From Mud Run

Then there is this tunnel of mud that was blocked from my view. The only thing I could see is what people looked like when they came out of the tunnel.
From Mud Run

I've got a feeling that this sign was right in front of that tunnel.
From Mud Run

Then came the fun part. The slide!
From Mud Run

That emptied out into this...
From Mud Run
From Mud Run

And these crazy people actually like this.
From Mud Run

They climbed over these tubes.
From Mud Run

And over this little hill to the finish line.
From Mud Run

Some folks didn't have the endurance to come down the hill so they slid.
From Mud Run

Like any good photographer would do, I sat my butt on the side of that hill to capture everybody coming down the slide and in turn, I got filthy dirty. Todd schooled everybody so I sat there for 30 minutes waiting for the rest of the team to come down the slide and in the process got a little sun(basically chicken fried my arms- oops!)
From Mud Run

I couldn't see everybody that went down the slide because they were unrecognizable from the mud but I got a few.
From Mud Run

This is Linda, Todd's instructor that he's been working out with for YEARS. She's the one that got him into this. Think she enjoyed herself?
From Mud Run
From Mud Run

Amongst the 5,000 people, I ran into my friend Holly. I was in line for the porta potty and her friend says "Look at that pregnant girl". Holly looked up and says "I know that girl!".
From Mud Run

Todd had a great time & is hooked on Mud Runs now. Think he's signing up for one in June now! Got news for him- I ain't gonna be at that one.
From Mud Run

I scored major wifey points for going out ALL day long in the freaking heat to take pictures & support these guys at 7 months pregnant. Nobody else's spouse was there to cheer them on. Just preggars.
From Mud Run

They had a great time!
From Mud Run

Now if I could just get the mud off the side of my lens, I'd be happy!!!

Good job guys!








Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP