Sneak Peek

This past Saturday Melanie came over and we did MATERNITY pictures. I wanted to do them while I was still cute and pregnant and before I blow up like Jessica Simpson(I promise it's gonna happen). She (and I) have been pinning maternity shots that we liked on Pinterest so we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted to capture. But there was something special I wanted to do.

There is a field across the street from our neighborhood that looks lovely each time I pass it. The sun hits the field in the most amazing way when I'm headed to work each morning and I have BEEN dreaming about doing a photo session in it for over a year. At first I thought it was a wheat field but once we got in it, I realized it was just a grass field out of control. Whatever it is, it made the most amazing golden bokeh. So we hit it up in the "golden hour" which is one hour before the sun sets.

Here is a sneak peek of one of the AMAZING shots we got from that field!!!

From Maternity Pictures

I can't wait to show you more towards the end of the week. They turned out better than I had imagined them in my mind.

That shot is what we call TALENT!!!! I'm going to miss my friend Mel when she moves to Germany in May. There will be a thousand things that I will miss about her that have nothing to do with photography but it truly is a blessing to have such a talented friend who "gets" your vision, can carry it out and then gets more excited about it than you do. Match made in heaven!

I leave you with a little laugh. My "shared" vision sometimes comes across as me directing people on what to do. Poor Mel saw a lot of this in her view finder.
From Maternity Pictures

I'm SO thankful for TRUE friends who love me despite the fact that I am a BABY DIVA.

Another person that had to be directed? This guy!He woke up at 4:15am last Sunday to be in charge of the roadie team for Easter service & he was wiped out. We had to wake him up from a 3 hour nap and the last thing he wanted to do was take pictures. But he graciously agreed to give us ONE hour of photo time but it wasn't without a few faces!
From Maternity Pictures

Kim  – (April 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM)  

Love you Guys!!!! Nobody like ya! Can't wait to see ALL the pics!!!

Mel :) –   – (April 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM)  

hahaha I love it! Between Todd being a goofy character and you being a crazy controlling diva, I'm really going to miss you guys!!! I had SO MUCH FUN shooting you this weekend, and I'm SO HAPPY with how the photos turned out. Easily my favorite shoot to date! Thanks for being so freakin awesome and as OCD as me :)

LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP