Nursery Tour

Lots of people have asked for nursery pictures so here they are. I've been waiting to get the nursery completely finished & everything perfect before I show the world. So after MONTHS of planning & crafts, we are finally ready to show you Paisley's nursery. There have been so many generous people who have contributed to the nursery and there are SO many details that I just have to share everything with you. This may be a little long but it's more for me to remember and not forget.

Here goes.

The door of her room has a wreath that my Aunt Tammy made. I saw this on Pinterest (of course- that's where I get all of my ideas) and just had to have one. I was going to do it myself until my Aunt Tammy volunteered to do it and man, am I glad she did. My mom said it took them DAYS to cut out all the fabric & ribbon that went on that wreath. I absolutely love it!

From Paisley's Nursery
From Paisley's Nursery

On the back side of the door is something I made to hold all of her bows (again, Pinterest). Our friend TJ was over the night I was trying to finish it up & he helped me put the final touches on it.
From Paisley's Nursery
From Paisley's Nursery

Continuing clockwise is the dresser & changing table. I became obsessed with pom poms (again, Pinterest) before we had all of our baby parties and I knew I wanted some pom poms in her room.
From Paisley's Nursery

My old neighbor Chessie gave me the idea to hang the shelves with her stuffed toys. I originally had them on the dresser but being a wise momma herself she said that the baby would grab for them so up on the wall they went & I think they're super cute.
From Paisley's Nursery

This wall will eventually have canvas prints of Paisley's newborn session that the talented Lauren Garrison will take but it was looking a bit bare. My friend Geraldean suggested a mirror. So I went to Target & got this mirror for $20. It was black so I spray painted it white and somehow it came out this pink color. Not sure how black + white = pink but I'll take it!
From Paisley's Nursery
From Paisley's Nursery

On the end of the dresser is our box of goods- diapers, wipes, lotion, Boudreaux's butt cream. All the essentials!
From Paisley's Nursery

Beside the bed- a pink Laundry basket that I got at TJ Maxx for $12.99. Can you say perfect color???
From Paisley's Nursery

Now for the main event- her crib. I'm sure you remember the crib blog I did back in March. If not, check it out here. I did months of research before we got this Munire Crib and it looks great in her room.
From Paisley's Nursery
From Paisley's Nursery

I made the frame above her bed and it was a labor of love. Another idea off of Pinterest. I started off with a pretty boring frame that I painted white. Didn't like it and wanted a frame that looked like it was from Organic Bloom. Most photographers know & love Organic Bloom because their frames are so cute & unique but they're really expensive. One day while surfing the Internet at work, I camw across this company called Cut It Out Frames. They sell these great frames that you can paint yourself. I literally paid $36 for this frame instead of hundreds of dollars that I would have paid at Organic Bloom for a 20x30. I started out with white letters but they just didn't stand out so I ended up painting the letters green. Once I realized that white letters weren't going to work, I ended up ripping the letters off the Paisley fabric & ruining it. So I went to Mills Outlet to get more fabric only to realize that they didn't have any more in the store & it would have to be ordered and would take 2-3 weeks before I could get it. To say I panicked would be an understatement because I wanted it done before all of our guests arrived in April for the Baby Party. Luckily Mother Therese had extra Paisley fabric & was able to bring it up in April and I literally finished the frame (with the help of my best friend Bobbie) the night before the party. I think it makes the whole room. Love!
From Paisley's Nursery

Next we move on to bedding. My sweet Mother Therese made every stitch of bedding in this nursery. I found what I wanted online (Paisley print of course) but it was SO expensive. Well, when you have a momma who sews then the sky is the limit. She made the bed skirt & her quilt that matches her room. (We're rule followers over here so there is NO bumper). She ordered the polka dotted sheets that were from the original print that I loved online.
From Paisley's Nursery

We found this mobile on the sale rack at Babies R Us and she made a different casing for it that matched the sheets. I mean it looks professional!
From Paisley's Nursery

I originally said this would be a ANIMAL free nursery because you just know how I love the animals. Well for some reason I was attracted to the sheep & we got several sheep toys so I decided they could stay. In the bible we are often referred to as sheep and God is our shepherd. So it makes sense that Paisley would have sheep in her nursery since we are going to teach her to love the Lord & follow Him.
From Paisley's Nursery

The pink rug was something that my mom saw when we went to the fabric store in February. She literally made a bee line for it when we walked it & it's the perfect addition in front of her crib.
From Paisley's Nursery

As we continue clockwise, we have another storage unit with our Sheep sound machine, caterpillar sound machine & giraffe that sings the ABC song.
From Paisley's Nursery

Another Mother Therese creation- the curtains with the Paisley print!
From Paisley's Nursery
From Paisley's Nursery

The rocker was something else that I spent months on deciding. I loved being rocked as a child & still do as an adult. I wanted something super comfy where I could love & rock my baby to sleep. I knew that I didn't want anything pink. I wanted something neutral that could be possibly used for other purposes but the room was so small that I couldn't get a really big chair. So I finally found this at Green Pea Baby in downtown Apex and I figure if she pees on it, it will blend in great!
From Paisley's Nursery

And who do you think made the pillow that's on the rocker? Yep, you guessed it. Mother Therese. Love it.
From Paisley's Nursery

Sitting next to her rocker is a toy chest that my co-worker Torey made. He hadn't seen the colors of the room and just made this. It goes perfectly!
From Paisley's Nursery

Next up? The closet. Every woman needs a nice, organized closet. Sweet Pea is a nickname that my mom gave Paisley. It was also the theme to our TX baby shower. I re-purposed the Sweet Pea sign that my cousin Jessica made & hung it above the closet just in case there were any questions who closet this belonged to.
From Paisley's Nursery

We needed a way to organize all of the stuff in here so I went to Target & bought these nice bins. I of course had to label each bin so that you know where everything is when you're looking for it.
From Paisley's Nursery

I'm hoping the shoe bin gets a bit bigger as she ages.
From Collages

People have been so generous and she has a ton of cute clothes.
From Paisley's Nursery

And they of course are organized by size.
From Collages

We also have our stash of diapers in the closet. Figure these will last about 2 weeks?
From Paisley's Nursery

Bookshelf: For our TX shower, people were asked to bring books instead of cards. My Aunt Tammy thought of this idea & it's great. So we have a bookshelf full of books that people have written in that we'll read to Miss Paisley.
From Paisley's Nursery
From Paisley's Nursery
From Paisley's Nursery

Above the bookshelf is a sign that my friend Kelly had made for us. She asked me what verse had a special meaning to us and since we tried for 8 months to get pregnant, this verse was the hope that we held on to month after month.
From Paisley's Nursery

Something else that is in her nursery but currently isn't hung up is this quilt. A co-worker made this for us. She literally worked on it for 3 months straight. Every day I would go to work & see her cross stitching this quilt. She has a 1 year old granddaughter so I assumed it was for her. Nope! It was for Paisley. I absolutely love it & know how much time Donna put into making it and it's just so special.
From Paisley's Nursery

Last but not least: Chinese lanterns. I knew I wanted some sort of light (that wasn't her bedroom light) to put on while I was nursing in the middle of the night. I ordered these Chinese paper lanterns online & they give this magical glow to the room.
From Paisley's Nursery

So there you have it. You've seen the entire 360 tour of Paisley's nursery. I can't wait to get this baby here so she can enjoy it.

Thanks for stopping by,
Candice

Kim  – (June 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM)  

Love it!!!! It's perfect, BF! Can't wait to see it in August! Love you!!! <3

Joyous :-) –   – (June 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM)  

You did a wonderful job Candice! I LOVE every nook and cranny!!

Victoria  – (June 14, 2012 at 5:59 AM)  

It's perfect! I'd love to be a baby in the Craig household! :)

Momma T  – (June 14, 2012 at 6:52 AM)  

Love, Love, Love, Love it! Everything is wonderful.....I am so glad it came out so good...Can't wait to see "my" baby in her nursery.

Kelsey  – (June 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM)  

Simply stunning and it will be such a perfect room for her in all ways. Can not wait to meet her!
Kelsey

Anonymous –   – (June 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM)  

Nice job Mom

Nat  – (June 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM)  

The room is beautiful! So much hard work and it will all pay off in just 4 more weeks!! Great job Candice and Mother Teresa, truly beautiful.

Ashley Sisk  – (June 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM)  

WOW - everything looks perfect. I've got to finish my nursery up and photograph it as well...but I don't think it could top yours!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP