Slumber Party 2012: Summer Fun

Mrs Candice had her 3rd annual (and final) slumber party this past Friday night. One of the moms was nice enough to host the party at her house since having it at my house at 8.5 months pregnant would have been a stretch. The weather was terrible on Friday night and I prayed for a miracle for 2 days so that the girls could swim Friday afternoon. Sure enough God made the rain stop for an hour & a half and we got to have our SUMMERTIME FUN themed slumber party.

From Slumber Party 2012

The girls had a great time swimming
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012

Then it was time for pizza. And this was no ordinary pizza. This was the MONSTER pizza. It was seriously the biggest pizza I have ever seen before.
From Slumber Party 2012

Slices so big that they couldn't even fit on a plate.
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012

2 weeks ago, I broke the news to them that I would not be returning as their teacher next year. They weren't that upset. I was expecting tears and screaming and didn't get any of that. Instead they were curious if I would bring the baby around. That was seriously their only concern. KIDS! For the last 6 months I've been praying for a replacement and this woman is 6 months of prayer in the flesh. Her name is Elizabeth Epp. She came to the party to meet the girls & hang out. I really think the girls will love her and I feel SO much better about leaving knowing that I have someone like Elizabeth to take my place.
From Slumber Party 2012

After pool & pizza, it was time for crafts. This year? FUNKY FLIP FLOPS which involved an insane amount of ribbon, scirrors & lighters.
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012

The girls did a great job of making their flip flops. Some were more patient & more particular than others but they all turned out great.
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012

We also had pillow cases. I put their names on each of them & then gave their fabric markers where they could write on each other's pillow case.
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012

The crafts kept us busy all night. We ended around 11:30pm for popcorn & a movie. Mrs Candice was beat!

They woke up to pancakes on Saturday morning! Mrs. Antje is way nicer than me because they would have gotten powered donuts at my house.
From Slumber Party 2012
From Slumber Party 2012

Then it was time for a quick shot of them in all of their flip flops.
From Slumber Party 2012

Here's one of me with the girls. Funky flip flops & funky hair
From Slumber Party 2012

I think this year was another success! HUGE thank you to Antje Newby for allowing us to take over her house. That really helped a pregnant woman out. And although I only have a few more weeks with the girls, I will be Mrs. Elizabeth's personal sub so I'll still get to see all of my munchkins from time to time.

Momma T  – (June 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM)  

the flip flops came out great! Love them....Good job Candice! Good job.

Nat  – (June 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM)  

The slumber party looked awesome! The girls are so lucky to have such a great Sunday school teacher.

Kelsey  – (June 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM)  

what an impact you are and will continue to make in these girls lives... so awesome

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP