Bye Bye Mel

This weekend I had to say goodbye to my friend Melanie. She has accepted a job in GERMANY and Sunday was her last day in Raleigh. Saturday night a group of her closest friends went to dinner at Buku in downtown Raleigh.

From Mel

I was proud of myself- I didn't cry. I think I'm still in denial and I think that's where I'll stay for a little longer. It hasn't registered that she won't be at the slumber party next weekend, that she'll miss Paisley's arrival and that she & I won't be taking pictures together or doing projects anymore. Most folks know the story of Melanie & myself but if you didn't here's how this chick entered my life.
From Mel

June 2011: Creative Camera I at Wake Tech. I had just finished my 1st photography class & needed to take another one. I also needed a photography buddy that was a girl. All the photographers that I knew were dudes and I wanted a friend to go on photo trips with. I prayed for about 3 months and then I sat next to Mel at our 2nd class in Creative Camera I. She & I hit it off immediately and I knew I wanted to be here friend. But she was more interesting in flirting with this guy. Luckily for me, he quit the class the next week and I had her ALL to myself.
From Mel

Our first photography trip together (outside the class) was to the Art Museum. We took pictures and talked for 2 hours. I shared my faith with her and she shared how she didn't believe the same thing. We agreed to disagree and I wondered if we would hang out again.
From Mel

I invited her to come to my house for the girls Slumber Party a few weeks after that. I had a hunch that she would take good pictures and I knew that I would be so busy with the girls that I wouldn't be able to get good shots. Sure enough, she took GREAT pictures and from then on she became my PERSONAL photographer.
From Mel
From Mel

The BEST trip that we took was to the Carolina Balloon Festival. We spent ALL day long there and absolutely had a blast.
From Mel
From Mel

Mel has also been very helpful in any and every project I've ever done. She took the pictures to help us make the BIG announcement at Christmas time.
From Mel
From Mel
From Mel

She's always willing to help and her creativity and super cool hand writing came in quite handy. She began taking the bi-weekly baby bump board pictures in January.
From Mel
From Mel
From Mel

And of course, who can forget the AMAZING maternity pictures that she took.
From Maternity Pictures
From Maternity Pictures

To say the girl is talented is an understatement! Her knack to see things that most people don't is truly amazing. She has always said that she's more of a landscape photographer but the pictures that she took of the kids at the baby party in April were AMAZING!
From Baby Party
From Baby Party
From Baby Party

Mel has not only been a photography buddy but in the last year has become one of my closest friends. It's hard to think that we've only been friends for a year and that she's leaving before our 1st anniversary in June.
From Baby Party

I've said this before on this blog but some friends are for seasons and some are for a reason. Even though the season of Mel & I in the same town has now come to an end, our friendship has and will not. I met Mel for a REASON! She was an answered prayer straight from Jesus (whether she believes that or not). God truly blessed me when He put Melanie Turenne in my life. There is no replacing her. She is one of a kind and has left a lasting impression on this girl.
From Mel

You will be truly missed. Todd & I love you so much and wish nothing but the BEST for you in this new adventure and new season of your life. And yes, we'll come and visit. Todd can't wait to go to BEER fest in Germany!
From Mel
From Mel

We love you!
Todd, Candice & Paisley

Mel :) –   – (May 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM)  

I'm so honored to get my very own post!

Candice you're such a beautiful person and this was such a beautiful entry! I have to say that, by far, leaving my friends and family in Raleigh/St. Pete is the hardest part about this move. I've been so lucky to meet so many wonderful people in the past 3 years (and a ton more through you in the past year). I hope I'm this lucky when I arrive in Germany.

And I CANNOT believe I will miss Paisley's arrival. Traumatized! You had better follow through with your promise to come to Germany - both Cristian and I are super super looking forward to that.

I never had a sister but I like to imagine she would be like you. Similar enough to me that we can strongly connect, but different enough that we are still both individual. I love you so much.

Big hugs forever and ever.

Victoria  – (May 30, 2012 at 6:23 AM)  

Ya'll are making me cry! I can't take this! AHH! Mel, we're going to have to skype you in for every upcoming event! You will be missed GREATLY!

Ashley Sisk  – (May 31, 2012 at 6:11 AM)  

Awwww that was such a sweet tribute. I know you hate to see her leave...especially with all her mad photography skills. Loved this post.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP