Texas Part III: Baby Shower

I'm going to skip Part II of the Texas trip & bring you to the end. I promise to go back to Part II later but I just HAVE to show you pictures of the TEXAS BABY SHOWER now. You need 3 things to have a successful party- a theme, lots of detail & fun guests.

Theme: Sweet Pea (This is a name that Paisley picked up from my mom. I saw a Sweet Pea baby shower on Pinterest and sent it to my cousin & they rolled with it)
Details: You are about to see all the details
Fun Guests: Can't help but have fun guests when they're your very large CAJUN family.

So here goes. My Aunt Cil was the ring leader of the shower. I didn't realize she had so much going on during all this planning. They are in the process of rebuilding my MawMaw Schexnider's house that got destroyed by the hurricane and it was her 50th birthday on Monday. So needless to say, she's had a lot going on. My Aunt Tammy (who isn't my biological aunt but I have always called her Aunt Tammy my entire life and this confuses my husband because he can never keep straight if she's a Schexnider or not) also played a major part. Then my cousins Desi, Meagan & Jessica were all in charge of decorations. And all my other aunts helped out financially.

So the details...

Sweet pea cake (which was deelish!) and Sweet Pea cupcakes.

From Collages
Sweet Pea sign (which I'm going to put up in the nursery) and a chalkboard with one of my favorite verses.
From Collages
Cute toparies, bottle giveaways, pink pom poms & green chinese lanterns. Love it all!
From Collages

A wreath that my Aunt Tammy (and mom) made me that will go in Paisley's nursery & a rocking chair for the mother to be to sit in.
From TX Baby Shower
From Collages

A gift table with the cutest onesies on the wall. I will totally reuse those & can't wait to take her picture in them.
From TX Baby Shower

A cake table with pink & green napkins, green chocolates, pink punch, green potted plants, green gumballs and who doesn't need a Cabbage Patch diaper cake!
From Collages
And my fav- Sweet Pea giveaways with Paisley's name on them.
From TX Baby Shower

Is that some detail or what? Ok, so now we have the theme and the details. Next up? The few gifts.

Aunt Tammy had the idea for people to bring books instead of a card. So we got lots of books to read to Paisley signed by everybody. So when we're having story time at night, we can open the book up and who gave us the book. Genius!
From TX Baby Shower

We got a few Texas A&M things. My sister-in-law Rachel gave us the CUTEST Aggie backpack with P's initial. Can't wait to send her to preschool one day with the bag. My BF (and Longhorn grad) gave us an Aggie book & an crochet Aggie hat (that I couldn't get into). That's love right there. A longhorn giving Aggie gifts. That's some serious love going on!
From Collages

My favorite gift came from my sweet momma who spent HOURS & days working on my diaper bag. Yep, she made it herself. She even made the matching wipe holder & the changing pad. Oh and she stocked the diaper bag full of goodies like bottles, Desitin and even our freaking video monitor. The woman is crazy! Crazy in love with the fact that she's finally getting a grandbaby. I'm just glad I'm on the receiving end of it! haha
From Collages

Can you tell I like it?
From TX Baby Shower

Speaking of my momma, kids just seem to flock to her no matter where we are. I can't wait to see her with Paisley!
From TX Baby Shower

Everybody was so generous and we got close to $600 in gift cards which made it easy to fly back with. That's also a huge blessing so we can get all the big things we haven't gotten yet. We each brought an extra bag and filled them both up with stuff for the shower. I can't wait to go through everything.

And now to the people. We had the shower on Sunday (Mother's day) which was a bit tough for people but they showed up anyways. The entire Schexnider crew was there.
From TX Baby Shower

Jonathan & Rachel came in from College Station
From TX Baby Shower

My BF- Kim- flew in from Washington just for the event
From TX Baby Shower

My mom's friend Janna Whittle who got lost & drove around for 30 minutes was there. This woman literally got me my job with the USDA, prayed for me a husband for almost 10 years and then came to NC for our wedding. Think she was missing this? Nope!
From TX Baby Shower

My high school buddies Amanda & Lyndsi where also there.
From TX Baby Shower

My cousin Tish was in from Kileen.
From TX Baby Shower

And my 82 year old MawMaw Schexnider who is responsible for all these people was there.
From TX Baby Shower

And the girls responsible for it all: The hostesses with the mostesses!
Maegan, Desi, Aunt Cil, Aunt Charlotte, Aunt Netty, Aunt Marian & Jessica & Aunt Tammy (not in picture)
From TX Baby Shower

As a thank you I stole this idea from Pinterest. I thought they turned out pretty cute.
From TX Baby Shower

A HUGE thank you to all the hostesses & for everyone coming out the party & for all of your generous gifts. This has now been the 2nd 'Over the top' baby party we have had! I feel so incredibly blessed for all my friends & my family. I seriously don't think I deserve all the love & kindness that they have shown to me but I sure do appreiciate it!!! Thank you ALL SO very much!!!
From TX Baby Shower

Much Love,
Candice

p.s. There are still so many more pics to see so if you have time, click here







Kim  – (May 21, 2012 at 2:24 PM)  

Love this, BF! One of my favorite posts ever...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP