Happy Valentine's Day

I have never been a big Valentine's day person (that's a way to start off a Valentine's blog isn't it?). When I was single, this day reminded me that I was single. Now it's great to have a Valentine but it's still kind of a silly holiday. I mean aren't ya suppose to tell your spouse that you love them EVERY DAY?

I do however enjoy the extra love. My husband always goes above & beyond for Vday so that's nice. 2 years ago we were a week away from getting married and he wrote me a poem. I had never had a poem written about me. Last year's "Fond Remembrances" themed Valentine's date led us to Meredith Chapel where we said "I do" and then we spent the night at the Renaissance Hotel where we spent our first night as husband and wife. This year I told him to do NOTHING! We celebrated his birthday last week, bought a crib & are going away to the mountains this weekend so he didn't need to do a thing. We agreed that going out to eat would be crazy so the only thing I wanted was to see a chick flick- The Vow (Love Nicholas Sparks).

So when I opened up the door this morning to find a balloon & a dinner invitation to "TC's Country Kitchen", I was surprised. I guess TC is bringing dinner to me. Since the only thing the man can cook is eggs, he'll either bring home a box of KFC chicken, actually try to cook something new or we'll have eggs for Valentine's day. Either way, it should be entertaining.

Anyhoo, because no blog is complete without pictures. I wanted to show you something. I got a little crafty for Valentine's and made my girls a little treat. Got this idea from Pinterest (I mean what did we do before Pinterest?). It was SO cute, that I had to take pictures of it and share it with you.

From CM The Way I View

I dig you (shovel). Get it??? Then you're better than the 9 year olds I gave it to. It took them a second.
From CM The Way I View
From CM The Way I View

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day. I hope you have someone special to share it with. If not, that's okay- this is a silly holiday anyways. But know this- YOU ARE LOVED cause I love ya & appreciate you stopping by the blog. Even if nobody else does, "I DIG YOU!"

Nat  – (February 14, 2012 at 6:21 AM)  

those are too cute! I love them. And I dig you too! Happy Valentines Day.

Kim  – (February 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM)  

Girl, I needed that laugh. Love the part about eggs. Good stuff! Maybe if he REALLY loved you, he'd make you "Eggs Supreme". ;-) Just joking, BF!

Where did you end up finding the shovels? Did you get my card yet? Love ya!

Momma T  – (February 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM)  

My children's mothers appreciated the shovel and the cute note you made, thank you very much, more than the pre-k's did, they just wanted to eat the candy inside! Me and Hannah have a date tonight, while her parents have a romantic date....Happy Valentine's Day to you 2, much love, Momma T

Mel :) –   – (February 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM)  

AAAAAAHHHH These turned out SOOO cute!!!! WAY better than the originals, I think. I'm so proud of you - check out that crafty writing and those nicely primped pink bows! You're going to make such a good mother to your little girl!

I think this is a silly holiday too, but nonetheless I'll take it as an opportunity to tell you that I love you (and your crazily sweet husband - can't wait to hear what he makes)!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP