Asheville

We took an anniversary & babymoon trip to Asheville this weekend. We had a WONDERFUL, relaxing time. I always love going to Asheville and love doing new things while we are there.

Saturday was all about hiking. The weather was absolutely gorgeous (and warm). We started at the Mountains to Sea trail just north of Asheville.

From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

This was the baby's first hiking trip (lets face it, this was her first experience at exercise).
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

I've been having some pains in my lower abdomen lately so I took it slow and stopped often.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

A little view from my eyes- getting big!
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

The trail was kind of a dud & there wasn't much to "sea" (pun intended). Todd was a little bored so he thought it was a good idea to practice his sasquatch call.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

I freakin hate that show Finding Bigfoot. I would have NEVER thought that I would prefer to watch Deadliest Catch instead of that dumb bigfoot show. But he loves it!

I think I'm suppose to tell you that we spotted a bigfoot in the woods.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

But I'm pretty sure that sasquatch looks a whole lot like this fool.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

We blew off that trial and headed south towards Brevard to hike along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Saw Looking Glass waterfall.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

We then went on search for Sliding Rock. I've seen a TON of pictures of this thing where kids & adults slide down the rock and I've always wanted to go.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

But it isn't as exciting in the winter with nobody on it.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

We then drove to the very top of the mountain.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

And I discovered why they are called the Blue Ridge mountains because they really are BLUE.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

Saturday night we drove about an hour southwest of Asheville to the little town of Sylva, NC to meet our friends Rance & Jenni Shuler for dinner.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

We literally talked non-stop for 3.5 hours and had the best time.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

Jenni got married over a year ago & moved to the mountains of NC so we don't see each other much anymore. But I SO cherished our few hours together. Love this girl!!! (and her hubby)
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

Sunday morning we packed up our bags and moved from the Hilton to the Grove Park Inn. Last year I went to the Grove Park Inn with my sister-in-law for a day at the spa but we didn't stay there. Since it was a Sunday, we got a little discount & splurged by staying the night. And I'm SO glad we did. We spent the entire day swimming in the pools, taking a nap (that would be me) and then a massage! It was heaven.

We stayed in the Main Inn & our room was little, quaint & rustic.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

When Todd checked in he told the front desk that we were celebrating our anniversary so they had flowers delivered to the room.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

The view from our room
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

The service at the Grove Park Inn is impeccable. They cater to your every need & usually suggest and give it to you before you even ask. We had a great dinner there that night at Sunset Terrace that literally put us into a coma and we slept for 12 hours.

The next day was bright & sunny and Grove Park Inn begged to be photographed.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

We had such a great anniversary weekend! It was the perfect getaway.
From Asheville_2nd Anniversary

If you've never been to the Grove Park Inn- I highly recommend it!

Kim  – (February 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM)  

Love the pics, BF! I'm glad y'all had a good time. Loved the sasquatch stuff. Very funny and very Todd Craig!!! Loved the Inn pics and the flowers were beautiful! Gotta work the honeymoon/anniversary discount, girl! I got us tons of free stuff on our honeymoon because I told everybody, everywhere we went, that we were on our honeymoon. ;-) Hey, it was special!

My fav pic was the chairs picture... Good work!

Momma T  – (February 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM)  

I knew you would have posted something from the trip on your blog today and was pleasantly surprised at how many pictures you posted. I am totally in for going to this Inn, it is awesome! Maybe me and Rod can make it there someday! My baby girl Paisly Lynn is really growing now...loved the picture of you looking down at your shoes, enjoy it because soon enough you will not be able to see your shoes much less tie them! I love you Big Big like the World

Kelsey  – (February 22, 2012 at 3:38 PM)  

I've been on that sliding rock. A little (or rather a lot) painful for the derriere, but a blast, nonetheless! ;) Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Mel :) –   – (February 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM)  

Loved this! Looks like you guys had a great trip! And I've been on sliding rock too and agree with Kelsey - hurts the toosh! But great fun on a hot summer day.

Todd is so goofy - I love it!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP