18 Weeks- It's a GIRL!!!!!

We had our 18 week ultrasound appointment last Thursday to find out that we're having a baby GIRL!!!

My mom flew up for the appointment because she just couldn't stand not to be there for the big reveal. It was her 1st time to see an actual ultrasound (apparently they didn't do ultrasounds in east TX 32 years ago). All 3 of us were in the room- me, Todd & mom. Our appointment was at 4:20pm so we had to wait all day long to find out. I didn't sleep a wink the night before. We get to the dr's office & they were running 25 minutes behind. So needless to say I was starting to get a little antsy when it was 4:45 and we still weren't in! urgh! Finally our time came and the tech revealed the sex within 60 seconds. I didn't believe her at first, I just kept saying "Are you sure?". The nurse assured me it was a girl and then had to give a little sex education because we don't have that in Texas & I didn't know some of the body parts she was referring to (oops). I made her take another picture and confirm it was a girl once again and then I think I squealed like a pig!!!! I was certain this was a boy (even though I have always wanted a little girl).

From Baby Bump

I won't go into how excited I am that she's a girl - I'll save that for another blog. But I think she'll look like me. You could really see her large cheek bones (like her mama) and at one point she was making the same posture with her hands behind her head that I was making while on the table. It was so cute. I looked at Todd (with tears in his eyes) and he said "I'm done". I couldn't tell if he meant his heart or his wallet. I'm pretty sure it will be both. Then he talked about buying a shot gun.

Here are some pictures with the board this week.
From Baby Bump
From Baby Bump
From Baby Bump

How far along? 18 weeks (4.5 months)
Total weight gain? 5 lbs (all happened within the last 7 days)
Maternity Clothes? Yes please. My favorite thing now is cotton dresses with strechy leggings and boots. That's what I'm wearing to work everyday. Can't get enough dresses. They aren't tight on my tummy & they're cute.
Sleep? Can no longer sleep on my tummy and read that I can't lay on my back so I'm forced to my sides. Never slept on my sides before so haven't been sleeping well lately.
Best Moment of the Week? Having my two favorite people- Todd & my mom- in the room when we found out God was fulfilling a lifetime dream and giving me my own sweet little girl
Miss Anything? My waistline
Movement? Not yet. Thought I felt some "fluttering" last week while in a staff meeting but it was just gas. Oops!
Food Cravings? MILK!! Cups & cups of 2% milk. I haven't drank a glass of milk since I was in elementary school. I must be calcium deficient because I cannot get enough milk. And lucky, unlike the last 15 years, it doesn't hurt my tummy anymore
Anything making you quesy or sick? SWEETS. I had 2 Krispy Kreme doughnuts on Friday afternoon and then I had stomach pains for 3 hours afterwards. I had a cupcake earlier this week & the same thing- stomach pains. It's starting to be obvious that me & this kid don't have the same taste in foods.
Gender? It's a GIRL, It's a GIRL, It's a GIRL!!! Labor Signs? NO
Symptoms? Headaches are less frequent (Thank you Jesus) and I'm feeling good. Still going to bed wicked early
Weddings rings on or off? Still off
Happy or Moody? Happy
Looking forward to? Finally starting the nursery! Mom & I went shopping on Friday and she went home with all the fabric to begin making the curtains, crib skirt & pillow. We ordered the crib today (hallejuah!) and now I've got to work on fun stuff like finding a cute idea to put her name or initials above the crib.

Alissa –   – (February 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM)  

Candice, get some pillows! Pillows are the key to sleeping on your side. One between your legs, one under your belly, and one behind your back. So beyond excited for you and Todd! God is faithful!
Alissa

Kim  – (February 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM)  

Girl, I loved reading this. I got a little emotional seeing the ultrasound picture... just thinking back to 1999 when we were so lonely, thinking we might never get married. God is so good!!! I enjoyed reading this. I'm so glad your mom got to shop with you & hang out. These are special times, BF!!! Love you!!!

Jessica –   – (February 13, 2012 at 9:57 AM)  

So happy for you Candice! A girl?!? How perfect for you?! And poor Todd! He'll have two of you! And for sleep - pillows is key! Like Alissa said - between the knees and under the belly - it helped alot! I'm so happy for you both! God is good. God is great!
Can't wait to meet this little being! Congratulations!
PS - Stuart says "Thanks" - keep drinking milk!
Love you!

Nat  – (February 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM)  

She is one lucky girl! She will be the cutest little girl in NC (or where ever) with a texas poof and cowgirl boots. Can't wait!! Hugs and Congratulations.

Ashley Sisk  – (February 17, 2012 at 6:01 AM)  

Oh my goodness - your excitement spills over...now I really can't wait to find out what I'm having. Either way, play dates! Congratulations girl!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP