Don't go chasing Sunsets

Do you remember that song from TLC "Waterfalls"? Goes a little something like this "Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and lakes that you're use to." Well I haven't been chasing waterfalls lately but instead I've been chasing sunsets. For the last 2 days I've had my camera in my car ready to go. My friend Nat always gets these amazing shots of the sunsets because sunsets in NC in the winter time are BEAUTIFUL! So I thought I'd try it. Much harder than it looks. The shots are really hard to get.

This was the clouds on Monday morning. I wanted to get it so badly that I literally pulled over on the side of the interstate. Probably not wise.

From Photography Pics

Last night I had my photography class & the sunset was amazing. So I tried really hard to find a spot to pull over but couldn't get the most perfect spot. I'm told that if I had photoshop then I could edit the powerlines out of this picture. May have to put Photoshop Elements on the list. Don't you love "Jesus rays" where the sun is beaming rays. So pretty!
From Photography Pics
From Photography Pics

I was convinved that I could do better but by the time I got back in traffic and got to the McDonald's on the other side of the road, the sun had already gone down past the sky line. Fart Cicles!
From Photography Pics

I didn't realize this was going to be so hard. Guess I should just stick to the rivers & lakes that I'm use to as the song suggests. Nah! Looks like this road of learning more about photography is going to become quite an adventure.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP