Paisley's 1st birthday party

Paisley's 1st birthday party was a huge success last weekend. I initially thought we wouldn't do a theme. Maybe just a bunch of pink but who am I kidding? I've never thrown a 'themeless' party. Tractors just had to make their way in the theme somehow since we are living on the farm and what goes better than tractors & tutus? My sweet friend Amanda helped us create the cutest of all invitations.


Now on to the details.

I created 'Paisley's 1st year' wall that had pictures of her from this past year. It also included her month to month pics. It was really cool to see how much she's grown over the last 365 days.

I had a chalkboard print made that had all of P's statistics.

We had mason jars for our pink lemonade & sweet tea. Pink & white chevron print for our table cloth & some pretty flowers.


And what's a cake without a John Deere tractor on top?

And of course we needed some cupcakes.

I set up tables outside in the garage with a big box fan but no one sat outside. Can't blame them. It was too dang hot!

In Texas, we do things big. So that means that cooking hamburgers on a regular size grill wouldn't work. My mom's friend Eric brought out his BIG OL Texas sized grill & made some dang good hamburgers.

Tractor & tutu teacakes were our favor (that was totally a labor of love on Momma T's part- they seriously took 2 days to make)A


My crazy aunts surprised us and brought tutus for all to wear.

A little photo op of our family unit in front of the Deere

Aunt Colie even came in town for the event.

This is off topic but this is Paisley's new trick: standing on her head!

She was such a cute birthday girl!

Next? It was time to open presents. She LOVED opening presents. The only part she didn't like was when we would take the present away from her to open up a new gift. She really just wanted to play with all of her stuff.

After presents we did the traditional smash cake. Gotta say she did a whole lot better than I thought she would do. I really thought she would cry when everybody sang Happy Birthday but she didn't. I just knew she'd cry when I put this stupid hat on her. Nope. She eventually took it off and started probing at her cake. Her daddy jumped in and showed her how to do it and she was a pro. Didn't eat much but enjoyed getting messy.

Thank you for all who came out to celebrate our Sweet P's big day. It was a lot of fun!

Victoria  – (July 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM)  

That looks like one AWESOME day! The theme worked out so well...I love tractors and tutus! :)

Kelsey  – (July 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM)  

Love love love every detail of the party! Didn't expect anything less from the Craigs!! She really has grown so fast and I have loved watching her grow! And to think you will be starting it all again in January! So excited for all of you!

Kelsey  – (July 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM)  

You really do go with the theme of " GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!" that was one awesome 1 year old birthday party, she now has proof of this party, can only imagine how great the years to come will be. happy 1st birthday paisley. what a sweet sweet party.

benilhalk  – (July 31, 2018 at 4:28 AM)  

Perfect! I knew I will find a good post for birthday decoration. It is my niece’s birthday next month and I have booked an event space Atlanta for the party. I wanted to decorate the place all by myself and I would like to arrange all of this as well. The cupcakes look delicious and my niece is going to love it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP