P is for stubborn!

Yea, you read that right! My perfect Paisley has left the building and a new Paisley has emerged at 7.5 months old- Mrs. Stubborn!!!! Wonder where she gets that from ?! oops

It's been a rough couple days around here. Instead of blasting this on Facebook, I'm writing this here as my way to vent (since I'm convinced nobody reads this blog anyway). I almost feel bad about writing what you are about to read. I should keep my mouth shut & go by the old saying 'If you ain't got nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all' but that just isn't me. I'm also writing this in hopes that I'll look back on this post months from now & praise God that this 'season' is over.

What you are about to read is shocking. BEWARE!

The cute little baby whose face you see on this blog has turned to the dark side. She has been in a bad mood for a month now and can't seem to break it. A few weeks ago I started noticing that she wouldn't go to strangers anymore- she wanted her mommy. Awww. That made mommy happy. Then mommy pulled some kind of muscle in my arm & I realized that every time I held her, it hurt. Then I noticed that she didn't even want Todd to hold her. She just wanted me. Somebody has MAJOR separation anxiety. I've read that's common so I didn't think it was a big deal until I wanted to go on a date with my husband!!! Todd planned an overnight date for our anniversary this past weekend. We called the only person I trust with my baby for overnight stays- Momma T. I knew P would have a hard time with me being gone but I didn't know she would be completely awful for my mother. Crying & crying because I wasn't there. I also knew that she wasn't keen on taking bottles but I figured that once she woke up after 12 hours of sleeping (without eating), she'd take it- NOPE. Mrs. Stubborn waited over 16 hours to eat before I got home with HER BOOB!!! (I originally thought we'd go away for a few days - yea right!) Once I got home, she gave us all hell for me leaving her.

On top of all of this, I got sick Saturday. Fever, chills & diaherrea that has lasted 4 days! (gotta love the honesty of this blog). I'm pretty sure this virus has affected my milk supply because Paisley acts hungry ALL THE TIME. She is constantly grabbing at my chest and just cries. It's awful to watch. This wouldn't bother me too bad if Paisley was eating solids but after 3 months, she STILL doesn't like real food. Also frustrating is that I have a freezer full of breast milk that I could easily give her if she would take a bottle. Nope, she wants nothing to do with it.

I am taking all kind of crazy pills to help boost my supply- Fenugreek, Alfalfa (the sprouts not the hay type) and once Amazon sends it- Moringa! Who knows what all this stuff is, I just pray it works.

And like a good daughter, I got the babysitter sick and I'm pretty sure Mother Therese won't be coming back here again.

I'm really hoping that my supply bounces back and I can give Paisley the milk she needs. If not Mrs. Stubborn will have to learn that her food source CAN come from other places that my teet.

Will you pray for us? Pray for my supply to return? Pray for my happy baby to return as well? And if you don't pray (you know who you are)- then you better start if you want to see a smiling baby on this blog again!!!!!

Ok- enough of my rant. Gotta hit the sheets before P wakes up at 4:45am (something else I can't break her of).

A weary momma,
Candice

Victoria  – (February 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM)  

I read this, and I'll pray for you! I hope you're feeling better and I hope you have a great weekend! I'm sorry I can't be there! And, I hope that Miss P turns a corner and this "season" ends quickly too! Poor you and Todd and poor Momma T!

Kelsey  – (February 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM)  

Praying, praying, praying! Just as you said, this is a season and, like all seasons, will pass. Hang in there!
P.S. Thanks for venting and sharing. Us readers really do appreciate the updates, good and bad. Makes you feel less far away!

Kelsey  – (February 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM)  

I'll be praying; I hope she starts taking a bottle and eating some baby food or something soon, a little relief for you:)

Nat  – (March 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM)  

Hey girly, sorry for the rough patch. Motherhood has its ups and downs and just because there are downs doesn't mean that our babies are not perfect. Your supply will bounce back especially if that is all she is eating. Just keep letting her nurse. Breastfeeding and being the only source of food is stressful. Hopefully you are feeling better. Hugs.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP