Landscapes/Flowers

This is one of those weeks where I wish I wasn't in a class. Its just another thing I have to do. My husband has been gone for the last 7 days and you would think I would have done this while he was away. Nope. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off doing as much as I could so I wouldn't be bored or lonely. Well, I did that so well that I literally hit a brick wall at 7pm on Sunday. EXHAUSTED! After a busy work week and even working on Saturday, I was pooped. Its only Tuesday and its still crazy and I'm still pooped. Oh well.

Our assignment for this week is Landscapes & Flowers in a natural environment where you use the landscape or flowers as a frame. Because I like macro shots, there's less framing and more close ups. I went to the NC State Arboretum on Sunday after church and got a lot of great shots. Mind you, I don't have the time to edit them like I need to but oh well. The Arboretum was kinda interesting. I went by myself and just took my time. It was fun until I sat on a cactus, something prickly was sticking out of my arm and I even felt a hint of sweat on my back (pretty impressive for a girl who doesn't sweat-it was HOT!)

So here they are- you know the drill. Pick your top 3! I've got to print them out tomorrow (Wednesday) before class. So pick soon!

1. This is just looked like such a peaceful spot

From NC Arboretum

2. Crazy plant with awesome color
From NC Arboretum

3. I tried to let the water "frame" this shot
From NC Arboretum

4. How pretty is this flower with the green background?
From NC Arboretum

5. Look what decided to land on the pretty flower
From NC Arboretum

6. These flowers were on a cactus (but not the cauctus that I accidently sat on)
From NC Arboretum

7. Look how awesome that flower is with my borrowed macro lens
From NC Arboretum

8. These flowers actually hung upside down!
From NC Arboretum

9. I thought the flowers kinda "framed" the stairs nicely
From Online Edits

10. This flower was hiding from me but I so desperately wanted to get it with the macro lens
From NC Arboretum
From NC Arboretum

11. This guy is a 'Green Globe' artichoke. Huh???
From NC Arboretum

12. Can I make a confession? I freakin love hydrangeas! I've been telling Todd that we have to put a hydrangea plant in our yard. Here what sucks about them- they're hard to photography because even though they're pretty, they're kinda boring. Here's my best shot at one.
From NC Arboretum

13. My 2nd thing I'm obessed with- lillies
From Still Life

14. I got this at the farmer's market last week. I love all the colors
From Still Life

Ok- feel overwhelmed yet??? If not (and you want to see more), there are over 200 pictures from the arboretum so if you're bored and have time and/or interested, click here....
NC Arboretum

Ok- now you know what to do. Get to commenting! I appreciate it!

Love you!
Candice

Kim  – (June 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM)  

BF-

I like 2, 8 & 11, with #12 coming in at 4th place.

Love ya! Good work! :)

geraldean  – (June 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM)  

11,2,5 in that order.

love ya!

Victoria  – (June 15, 2011 at 5:56 AM)  

2, 6, 8, 10, 12

6, 8, 10 have to be my favorites. 2 is just very unique! And 12 interesting...the black contrast is nice!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP