The MINA Project 2010

For the last 4 years our church has been doing something we call The Mina Project. Each year our pastor literally hands out money to the congregation & we are to multiply what we've been given. We are given anything from $10-$500. It goes back to the story in Luke were 3 servants are given a "mina" and are to invest it while their king is gone. The first 2 servants multiplied their mina & the 3rd servant buried his treasure & sat on it. Moral of the story- DO SOMETHING WITH WHAT GOD GIVES YOU!

Every year its interesting to see what ideas folks come up with in order to increase or multiply their mina. My small group has done things like sell Christmas cards & host a 5k race. This year my small group was at the beach for our annual retreat during the weekend the mina was passed out. So we missed out on the money. When I got home, Todd asked what "we" were going to do with "our" mina money. I politely reminded him that there's no "we" when it comes to one of us receiving mina money. I was the lead last year for our mina project & told him I would support him with whatever he decided to do but I wasn't going to lead the effort (I tend to do that a lot). So I sat on the sidelines this year & watched as my husband and his group lead the way.

Their idea??? HOMEMADE ICE CREAM!


This past Sunday, I had 5 guys at my house making homemade ice cream. They set up shop in the garage and for 4 hours they made vanilla, peach, strawberry & black cherry ice cream. My husband loves making SIGNS so Todd got his handy Post it board out and advertized their effort.



We had neighbors walking their dogs who stopped & bought ice cream. We got to share with them what we were doing & a little bit about our church. The weather was gorgeous and we all had a great time! The boys sold 70 pints @ $5 each and had some donations. So they turned their $60 they were given into close to $400. Not bad!

I couldn't have been more proud of the guys. They had a great idea (Aaron), worked together as a team, increased what they were given & had a great time doing it. Thanks to all those who helped & bought ice cream! We appreciate it !

Nat  – (October 26, 2010 at 7:39 AM)  

Sounds delish! Good job Todd.

Anonymous –   – (June 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM)  

i know this was posted a year ago...i live in upstate ny and my church does this as well last year we didnt get to do this but this year i totally jumped at it..my husband said have at it and ill support you and help with what ever is needed so my children and i are busily planting flowers and wating for them to sprout up we have until the end of august...the kids wanted a goal of $100 and i thought it was great im hoping they meet that goal please pray for us this year...god bless from upstate ny

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP