Life on the farm

Many people have asked how life on the ranch is going. I have one word: wonderful! I haven't posted much on Facebook lately because I've just been enjoying every minute of life here with my family.

Let me give you a tour of the ranch in Spurger, TX. Here is our current home for the next 6-7 months (have I told you we are close to buying land & will be having a house built soon?) 449 County Road 4555. It's so remote that fed ex can't even find us :-)

From Life on the Ranch

This is the view of our backyard
From Life on the Ranch

These are some of the residents that we share our 'yard' with.
From Life on the Ranch

I knew I would love living with my parents but I didn't know how Todd & Paisley would do living in the country.

Let me start with Todd. He too loves it. He is already getting to know people in the community. One prayer breakfast & he became fast friends with the old men at the Spurger Baptist church. Every time we go to church he says hello to someone and I'm like 'how do you know that person?". Todd even had a friend visit last weekend and they spent 2 hours on the porch talking about fishing. There has also been a few times when he's helped out with chores on the farm. I swear he was born for this!
From Life on the Ranch

He helped spread fertilizer yesterday. Look closely & you'll see Todd & Paisley in the cab.
From Life on the Ranch

And now Miss P. To say she loves the ranch is quite the understatement. I didn't realize how much she liked being outside. Nor did I realize how much she likes to ride things. If something turns on around here, then she wants to ride it. You already saw her on the John Deere but here are a few other things she likes to ride.

Loves the 4 wheeler & think she know show to drive it.
From Life on the Ranch
From Life on the Ranch

Loves riding the lawn mover
From Life on the Ranch

Loves riding on her daddy's back
From 10 months

My mom had a party a few weeks ago & borrowed a train set from a neighbor. She loved riding around the yard on that thing. Gotta love Momma T & Pops for always making things fun.
From Life on the Ranch
From Life on the Ranch

Loves her swing on the back porch
From Life on the Ranch

She even does some chores. She saw Momma T water the plants once & now she waters the plants. (smart cookie!)
From Life on the Ranch
From Life on the Ranch

But the thing she loves the most: All the animals on the farm!

Loves the neighbor's dog
From Paisley_11 months

She loves my mom's cat. Mokey has been very good with her & even lets Paisley pull her tail every once in awhile. :-)
From 10 months

She gets real excited when she can help feed the cows in the morning. (Now that I see this picture it scares me a bit. That cow in the middle looks like it's ready to go for her. Oops)
From Life on the Ranch
From Life on the Ranch

She even rode the neighbor's horse last weekend!
From Life on the Ranch

We have found one thing that she doesn't like- bare feet on the grass. She can't stand it. Mom says thats because she's a city girl!
From 10 months

So as you can see, we are all doing good here in Spurger. I think poor Paisley will be in for a rude awakening when we finally do move into our new house & there won't be 4 adults entertaining her 24/7! Until then we'll just be enjoying life on the farm!


Jennifer Brooke Shuler  – (June 3, 2013 at 4:33 AM)  

I love every single picture! Farm life is THE BEST and I'm so thankful that you ALL are lovin' it. Miss P will be a farm girl before she knows it. I love you ALL!

Jennifer Brooke Shuler  – (June 3, 2013 at 4:34 AM)  

and one more thing...I could so live there! It makes me miss Nahunta!

Kelsey  – (June 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM)  

these are precious. enjoy every second of it. so happy for you.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP