Happy Easter

Easter is upon us!

We started a Craig tradition at our house last year. We watch "The Passion" on the Thursday night before Good Friday. It really wasn't my idea since I can't take too much of that movie. For me, it's too graphic and just too sad. But by watching it, it does put you in the right mind set as we celebrate Good Friday and helps me remember all the suffering that Christ endured on this day. I must admit that sometimes it is easy for me to fall into the trap of "marketing" Easter with candy, baskets and bunnies. But there is nothing pretty about this day. This day sure wasn't a happy one over 2,000 years ago. A sinless man took on the sins of the world and suffered an excruciating death on a cross. Nothing happy about that. But praise the Lord the story doesn't end on Friday!

I hope that you and your family will be celebrating Easter somewhere this weekend. I hope that you'll be at a church with other believers celebrating what God has done for us by "giving us his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". John 3:16

My prayer for you is that Easter will become "real" this weekend. That you & I will realize what was done on our behalf and that we'll accept that gift. The gift of life through Jesus Christ.

Our home church has 6 services this weekend and we're anticipating large crowds. If you're in the Raleigh area and need a church, we'd love to have you at Hope Community. Todd will be in the parking directing traffic and I'll be in our children's ministry so you'll see some familiar faces.

Because no blog is complete without a picture. This is who I will be loving on this Easter Sunday- these sweet little faces.

From Picasa
Happy Easter!
Candice

Camille –   – (May 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM)  

That picture of the girls is so cute! Makes me miss my group.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP