Girls Weekend

While Raleigh was dodging tornadoes this weekend (God love em), I was in the mountains with my sister-in-law Lisa for a girls weekend.

This is Lisa. She is "purdey" and so so sweet. She's one of those people who are prettier on the inside than on the outside. She is gorgeous outwardly and has such a sweet spirit inside. I tend to not like those people because they make me look bad. But I LOVE Lisa! You can't help but love her.

From Asheville_Lisa

Lisa has a 1 1/2 year old and is pregnant with her 2nd child. She has never spent a weekend away from Kinley so she was in desperate need of a girls trip. We decided to meet in Asheville, NC since its half way for the both of us now that she lives in Atlanta.

We started our day at what I call "Heaven on Earth"- a.k.a. Grove Park Inn. We had a massage and then had all day access to their spa area which includes these beautiful pools, hot tubs and saunas. They wouldn't let me bring my camera in the spa so this is the only picture you get (which doesn't do it justice). The resort is beautiful, we had such a relaxing time at the spa and we're planning our next trip back!
From Asheville_Lisa

After 6 hours at the spa we headed to our hotel and had a mini baby shower. I had gotten together a few things for the baby and Lisa loved everything! She called this a baby shower in a basket.
From Asheville_Lisa

She was so excited & moving around so much that it was hard to get her on camera.
From Asheville_Lisa

After our mini shower, we got dressed up and went out to dinner. One of the funnest (is that a word) things about girls trips is getting ready together. I love doing hair so I did Lisa's and it turned out great. She looks beautiful. Notice the Texas poof? Not bad if I say so myself. (I promise I'm wearing clothes. The way I cropped this thing it looks like I'm naked. I promise it wasn't that type of weekend)
From Asheville_Lisa

We had a great view from our hotel
From Asheville_Lisa

Saturday was all about shopping and relaxing. We had the best time getting deals at Old Navy. I often shop alone and forget how fun it is to have someone with you so they can see what you try on and encourage you to purchase!

Saturday night I took her to my favorite Asheville restaurant- Tupelo Honey Cafe! Like always, it was delish. We stuffed our faces and talked for hours.
From Asheville_Lisa

Our stomachs must have expanded because we were still hungry the next morning so we went to the famous Moose Cafe. (Note to self: When they call a pancake a "Moose" cake, assume that it will be large!)
From Asheville_Lisa

No trip to the Moose Cafe is complete until you get a picture with the Moose.
From Asheville_Lisa

We had the best time together. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful sister-in-law. Being married to Todd Craig is wonderful enough but having Lisa Craig as a sister is definitely an added perk!!!!

I had a great time Lisa! Thanks for coming up to NC. Can't wait for our next trip!!!
Lots of love,
Candice

Nat  – (April 20, 2011 at 11:45 AM)  

She is really too cute! love the pics and I can't wait to see some more.

Kim  – (April 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM)  

BF! You need to go into business fixing hair! I LOVE my hair in my wedding pictures. You were amazing!!! Go, Texas Poof!!! ;-) Love ya!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP