Name Reveal

Most folks know this but nothing these days is official until it's either on Facebook or on my blog. We have a name for our baby girl: Paisley Lynn Craig.

I'd like to tell you how we can up with that name but you have to promise that you won't tell my husband I told you the REAL story. He never reads my blog so I will know if you blabbed.

First name: I have always wanted to name a baby girl Paisley. Anybody who knows me, knows that I freakin love Brad Paisley. He is my favorite musical artist and I NEVER miss a Brad concert. I told Todd of the 2 names that I had for a boy & girl and he asked if he could have a say so. I politely told him NO but he didn't like that answer. Since I have a 2nd cousin named Paisley it was still up in the air if we would/should use that name. I found it ironic that I went to the Brad Paisley concert in September and Brad touched my hand not once but TWICE and then the next month I was pregnant! Maybe it was his special touch that helped the process or maybe not but I just knew that if it was a girl I absolutely HAD to name her Paisley but Todd wasn't sold. He didn't and still doesn't want people to know that we named our little girl after my favorite country artist. He thinks that's silly. I think it's genius. I told him that LOTS of people name their children after artist/actors that they like. My mom named me after her favorite actress at the time, Candice Bergen. But he still wasn't sold. Fast forward to our 18 week appointment and we find out we're having a girl. The technician doing the ultrasound asked if we have a girls named picked out. We tell her Paisley. Then you should have seen the look on her face- her 3 year old granddaughter's name is Paisley! She went on & on about how she hadn't heard that name before granddaughter & she went on & on about how much she loved her grand baby Paisley! For me, that was enough. Confirmation. Sold. So we walked out of the appointment, I looked at Todd and said "What ya think?". And he said "I prayed that God would give you the desire of your heart this morning (which was to have a little girl) so you might as well name her the desire of your heart as well". And that folks is how we got Paisley!

Middle name: One thing Todd was adamant about was the middle name. He wanted the baby to have some sort of family name. We looked at his family and both of his parents have grandchildren named after them. So they were covered. We then looked at my side of the family. My two grandmother's had nothing to offer: Verna Jean & Lula Mae. My poor mama had nothing to offer either: Therese Neri. So we had to look elsewhere and where better to look than Daddy Rodney Lynn. My sweet, angel like stepfather who literally is saint like for putting up for me during my teenage years. If she's anything like her "Pops" she will be sweet, patient, loving. She will have a gentle, calm spirit and maybe even repeat things 3 times- doing good, doing good, doing good (inside joke).

Last name: I'm so excited for Paisley to become a Craig. And God knows there is NOBODY else on this earth that could be a better daddy to her than Todd Craig.

So there you have it. The background behind the name Paisley Lynn Craig. We can't wait to meet Sweet P in July!

And because every blog entry must have a picture- here's a little craft I'm working on for the nursery.

From Nursery Crafts

P.S. People amaze me sometimes! I've told some people her name and they have been sweet as pie. I've also had others react a totally different way. So do me a favor and if you don't like my baby's name - that's fine- just don't tell me. Whatever you do don't scrunch your nose and say "really?". Don't ask if I have REALLY thought hard about it? And whatever you do, do NOT tell me it sounds Johnson county (which means redneck around here). The last thing a pregnant, hormonal woman wants to hear is that you don't approve of her baby's name. So do us all a favor- put a smile on your face, lie straight to my face, repent later and tell me you LOVE IT! I'm pretty such that's what they call LOVE. In fact, Brad Paisley wrote a song just about that very subject. Hope it makes chuckle!! Click here

Jennifer Brooke Shuler  – (March 16, 2012 at 4:53 AM)  

Just so you know, I LOVE THE NAME PAISLEY LYNN CRAIG and that's straight from my heart and God knows I don't need to repent that's straight TRUTH! I love you three so much!!!

Kim  – (March 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM)  

Love the story, BF! Good stuff! I like Paisley Lynn, but I also think Paisley Mae would have been cute, too. Can't wait to meet her!!!! Love ya!

Kim  – (March 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM)  

By the way, I LOVE the paisley project!

Kelsey  – (March 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM)  

Ahhh! I'm all giddy right now. When I was on my puppy search, I had ONE name picked out: YOU GUESSED IT! PAISLEY!!
But when I got my baby, she just didn't look like a Paisley and I needed a name that connected with her. Since we drove through Bailey,NC to get her, I changed my mind and named her Bailey.
About a month later, I totally regretted it and asked Mom if it was too late to change her name. Even if I had tried, it would have been hard to switch.
Long story short, I AM JUST A LITTLE BIT EXCITED TO ACTUALLY HAVE A PAISLEY IN MY LIFE!!!! YEP! JUST A LITTLE BIT!
Looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks!
Hugs!

Momma T  – (March 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM)  

So I pull up your blog and read it to Rodney and he starts getting a little emotional, then your inside joke hits him and he starts laughing, then he tells me to send you a message that Pops is "doing good, doing good, doing good". I almost pee'd my pants I was laughing so hard. You know you can be "nice sometimes" he he he he he he he........we love you bunches and can't wait to meet Paisley Lynn Craig

Ashley Sisk  – (March 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM)  

I really love the name. We've got a name too but I"m not sure I'm ready to tell anyone. We can hardly say it out loud for fear that we'll ruin it.

Kelsey  – (April 10, 2012 at 7:32 AM)  

i love it and you. i love the last part where your texas sass comes out! you tell them. you get to choose your name, and it is beautiful and perfect for your little sweet P:)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP