16 weeks

I am 16 weeks (4 months) now. Here are the shots from today's board & a little bit more about the pregnancy at this stage.

From Baby Bump
From Baby Bump
From Baby Bump

How far along? 16 weeks (4 months)
Total weight gain? 0 pounds. Huh? Let me explain. 3 months before I got pregnant I gained about 5 pounds and my body started changing. I really feel like my body was preparing itself for pregnancy. So my beloved size 6's that I have worn since my senior year in High School were starting to fit tight. Then I got pregnant & got awful sick. So I lost all the weight that I had gained and now I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight with the added 5lbs that I picked up this fall.
Maternity Clothes? YES! Over the last 2 weeks my belly has really popped. I cannot wear any of my old pants. This past weekend I was on a maternity clothes hunt. Come to find out- they're hard to find and some are NOT cute. I found a bunch of stuff at Old Navy (go figure!) and I have enough to get by for the next few months until we move into the bigger stage.
Sleep? Like a log, ALL the time. New normal bedtime is 8:30p. I see NO reason to be awake past then. I feel like my body is catching up on its sleep now because it's knows its about to be sleep deprived for the next 18 years!
Best moment of the week? Realizing that I've become a Baby Diva. Swore I wouldn't do it but it's happened. I've become so picky about the cribs & furniture I want. I even sent out a detailed email to my friends this week about all the things I'd like to have at my Baby Party because girlfriend isn't satisfied with a regular ol baby shower. I even offered to plan it myself. Who have I become? Or who am I kidding? I've always been this way.
Miss Anything? An occasional glass of wine and a good 'ol beer after a long week at work
Movement? Not yet but hopefully within the next week weeks
Food Cravings? Made Todd go to TWO grocery stores last Saturday because Harris Teeter didn't have E.L. Fudge cookies
Anything making you quesy or sick? Not really
Gender? Who knows? We'll find out in 2 weeks. Everybody thinks it's a boy. I do too since I want a little girl so badly. I'd hate to not be able to put my mad Texas poof hair styling talent to use.
Labor signs? Gosh no
Symptoms? I am SO thankful for the morning sickness to be gone. I have moved into the next phase- headaches. Had a really bad migraine a few weeks ago that just wiped me out. Ever since, I have been waking up with really bad headaches every other day. I normally don't get a lot of headaches so this is new. I'm taking children's liquid Tyenol now because swallowing a pill in the early morning makes me gag.
Wedding rings on or off? Unfortunately they are already off. I have excema and ever since I got pregnant my hand has been going crazy with an itchy rash under my rings. Went to the dermo this week & he said it's common and to lay off my ring for awhile. Figures that I waited almost 30 years for a diamond ring & now I can't wear it!
Happy or Moody? I'd like to say happy but I'm sure my husband and co-workers would say moody.
Looking forward to? Finding out what the sex of the baby is in 2 weeks! I wanna know NOW so I can start getting the nursery ready.

Kim  – (January 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM)  

I love this, BF!!! SO fun!!! :-) I am living every moment to find out what you're having!!! I want a boy, but I think you're having a girl. LOVE YA!!! Wish we lived closer! :-(

Kim  – (January 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM)  

P.S. I love your little brown sweater-wrap thingie that you're wearing!

Mel :) –   – (January 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM)  

I can't believe it's already been 4 months!!! I am so looking forward to knowing the sex so we can start planning!!!!

Anonymous –   – (January 30, 2012 at 8:08 AM)  

it really doesn't matter if it is a boy or a girl, really.......I would love for you to have a baby girl so we can dress her up like a little doll, our prayer is that it is a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy. Love you Big Big like the World, Mom

Momma T  – (January 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM)  

I finally set me up a Google name so I don't have to be Anonymous anymore! Momma T---hopefully one day my new grandbaby will call me that! Of course I don't care what they call me just so they call me! much love, Momma T

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP