Spring Arbor Nursing Home

This past Sunday I took my Sunday school girls to Spring Arbor Nursing home in Apex. This was the 2nd year that I took them there for their Christmas party. Last year's singing was a bust so I needed to come up with a new idea. This year we decorated CHRISTMAS ornaments for the old folks. It was a huge hit!

From Spring Arbor_Christmas

From Spring Arbor_Christmas

From Spring Arbor_Christmas

From Spring Arbor_Christmas

From Spring Arbor_Christmas

The residents got to pick out their own ornament and the girls painted on them & made them pretty. They absolutely LOVED their ornaments & LOVED hanging out with the young girls.
From Spring Arbor_Christmas

From Spring Arbor_Christmas

From Spring Arbor_Christmas

Like always, my sweet husband was on hand to help out.
From Spring Arbor_Christmas

I was so proud of my girls for wanting to go back this year. I gave them a choice- we could do something different or we could go back to the nursing home. They ALL wanted to go back. I'd like to think it's because they're listening to me in church as they learn about loving ALL of God's people how important it is to serve others. If they haven't learned that, then they have sure fooled me!
From Spring Arbor_Christmas

I know this week is a busy one for most folks as you get ready for Christmas. Hope it's as stress free as possible. And I wish you & your family a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
Candice

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP