Christmas Surprise!!!

Last night I had dinner with my friend Mel. We went to Peak City Grill in downtown Apex and then she came over to the house & we exchanged gifts. I had NO clue what was in store for me. She kept wanting to wait for Todd for some reason. She had a little present for him too so I didn't suspect anything. So Todd comes home and they say they are giving me a "combined" gift. Todd had told me earlier in the week that he had some 'outside consultation' on my Christmas gifts. Apparently Todd reached out to Mel and asked her what I would love and Mel (being one of the smartest people I know) said that I would love a Kelly Moore bag!

This is a Kelly Moore bag-

From Christmas 2011

For your non-photographers you may be wondering what the big deal is- it's a purse. Oh how you are so wrong. It's SO much more than a purse. It's actually a camera bag that looks like a purse. The inside has velcro seperators that a normal camera bag would have and it can hit all of your camera equipment in it. BUT it looks like a purse. There are so many times when I want to bring my nice camera to a restaurant or event and I just don't feel like bringing my big ol camera bag in. This is the perfect solution!

From Christmas 2011

I opened up the package and saw that it had 'Kelly Moore' on the box. I asked Todd where he got a Kelly Moore box from, still no clue what was inside. I open it up and there it is- a B-Hobo bag in blue! I think about died. I honestly didn't even believe it. I mean, who would buy me a Kelly Moore bag? They are so expensive that I wouldn't even buy myself one. I had been talking about this bag with Mel for MONTHS! They went out of stock for awhile so I put my name on a waiting list for 2 months and then when they came available, I decided against it because I really didn't "need" it. Guess someone thought otherwise!! I don't know if you can get how excited I was by reading this so here are a few pics to prove it.
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011

These two- Todd & Mel- really got me this year. Makes me feel horrible for the small gifts I got them. boo! Oh well, guess I'll get them next year. But how sweet (and smart) was it of my husband to seek 'outside consultation' on a gift. And how freakin sweet was it for Mel to remember how badly I wanted a Kelly Moore bag. I don't think it gets much better than this- AWESOME husband and AWESOME friend! To say I am blessed is an understatement. These people & this gift are truly undeserving. Kinda like how we don't deserve Jesus- his birth, his death or his love.
From Christmas 2011

And now, tomorrow we'll be heading to TX to hang out with my AWESOME family. I got a feeling that this is going to be a GREAT Christmas that started last night with a GREAT Christmas Surprise.

Thank you Todd & Mel. Yall freakin rock at gift giving! Can't wait to try this bad boy on!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Candice

Mel :) –   – (December 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM)  

Best blog entry ever! It was absolutely precious watching you open your present last night - you were hilarious! Todd and I had so much fun planning your gift and are tickled that you love it as much you do.

Love ya bunches, have fun in Texas!
Mel :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP