The Rest of Christmas

Christmas really began after the BABY announcement. My mother claims she did not sleep that night because she was too busy thinking about what she has to make and purchase for "HER" baby. I love how she refers to the baby as "hers". She really is going to be the BEST grandmother (or Mama T as she decided her name would be).

We had a pretty low key Christmas. Church at the Baptist church in Spurger & then lunch at MaMaw's. We didn't open gifts until 5pm that night because we had other things going on. My favorite gift from my mother was a Texas A&M sweat suit that I wore almost 32 years ago. She kept it all this time! And now my child will be able to wear it. Talk about tearing up.

From Christmas 2011

I wanted to really get some good Christmas shots in front of the tree but like always I forgot. Instead I got a few of the tree itself.
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011

And some of the ornaments
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011

The rest of the week was farm chores for the boys. Jonathan & Todd were like 2 peas in a pod. They put out hay for the cows, split wood & even fertilized rye grass.
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011

This was the fertilizer that they picked up on Monday.
From Christmas 2011

Todd got to get in the tractor and spread one ton of fertilizer around the rye fields. The tractor did all the spreading & I looked like a fool following it around to get this shot but it was worth it.
From Christmas 2011

Looks kinda like snow huh?
From Christmas 2011

I love this man.
From Christmas 2011

Todd was in heaven. He really got to use his new work boots that he got from Santa. I don't know if you can tell but I'm obsessed with his boots. Looks like a real TX boy!
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011

Anybody need a donkey? My parents are STILL trying to get rid of the donkeys. They can't give them away. Poor guys.
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011

Yall remember Tandice the calf from August??? The baby that was named after Todd & myself? She's getting bigger now.
From Christmas 2011

On Tuesday we took a trip to "town"- a.k.a. Beaumont. We went by Posh Baby to do some shopping but we discovered that it's really hard to buy things for a baby when you don't know if its a boy or a girl. The rest of our time we spent at Cavendar's Western Wear. Both Jonathan & Todd got NEW Cowboy boots AND hats! True Cowboys. They had so much fun.
From Christmas 2011

And to end our Texas Christmas vacation, we built a small fire and stared at all the stars in the sky. The sky & starts were insane that night.
From Christmas 2011

It was chilly outside so we loaded up on the blankets & layers.
From Christmas 2011

Love this picture of Jonathan that my sister-in-law Rachel took. A true Aggie.
From Christmas 2011

Todd discovered that Jonathan has just gotten into cigars. Todd & his brothers love to smoke cigars when they get together so Todd smoked a cigar with his brother-in-law and talked all night long.
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011
From Christmas 2011

It was the most perfect night to end a pretty GREAT trip!

I hope you & your family had a wonderful Christmas! This one was definitely one for the books in our family.

Much Love,
Todd, Candice & Baby Craig

geraldean  – (January 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM)  

I love these cowboy pics. Looks like you are Ree Drummond found your cowboys! Ps- I read the girls their Charlie book today :) xoxox

Anonymous –   – (January 3, 2012 at 5:15 AM)  

maybe I can finally make a comment....love the pictures of John John and Todd, true Texas Cowboys....great pictures....Glad you like the A&M sweatsuit for "my baby". much love, Momma T

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP