Historic Oak County Park

This past Saturday I had my first non-family, non-friend photo shoot. The Historic Oak County Park of Wake County was looking for a photographer to take some pictures of the park to update their brochure. Our friend Heather Tart was sweet enough to recommend me. The park manager reached out to me a few weeks ago and we picked Saturday as the day. She brought in a few employees and their children to set the "scene". The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the leaves were incredible!

From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park

I can't believe that I have never been to this park before because it is right up my alley. It was a old farm that the state purchased several years ago and they turned it into a park in 1997. It has the original house, old barns, stables and even a cotton gin!
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park

The park is not only a beautiful place but its also a place to teach folks about agriculture. Their visitor center has fun facts and pictures for adults and their Farmer's Corner allows kids to dress up and "play" farm.
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park

They also have 2 goats on the property and they were a huge hit with the kiddos.
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park

After petting the goats, we went to the cotton field. This is one of my favorite pics from the day but I HATE that it was overexposed. Switching it to B&W helped but unfortunately didn't fix it.
From Historic Oak Co Park

Once their cotton was picked, they had a machine that would clean the cotton.
From Historic Oak Co Park

I think they chose the right person for this gig because it combined my 2 favorite things- photography and agriculture. Now, will they think they choose the right photographer after they see the pictures? Who knows? But I had a good time!

And because my lens always seems to find kids it likes- I leave you with these 2.
From Historic Oak Co Park
From Historic Oak Co Park
If you're in the Raleigh area & haven't been to the Historic Oak County Park- GO! I plan to come back!!
Candice

Kim  – (November 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM)  

BF!!! Love these!!!! Good job! I love it that you're getting some gigs! Go for it!!! Love ya!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP