Baby Evie- You Pick

I love my cousin Jessica! She is my favorite (shhhh..... don't tell our other 30 first cousins). Can't help it but she just is. We have always had a special bond & have remained friends throughout our adulthood. She became a mama for the 1st time earlier this year & now has baby Evie. Jessica & Evie are no stranger to the blog. You probably seen them most recently on our trip to TX back in August but if you missed it click here

Anyhoo- Jessica had the cutest picture of Evie on her Facebook page this week that her husband Jonathan took. You could tell that they had worked hard for the shot. They made the ever popular homemade flag banner & even put a trunk in their back yard. The picture was super cute but I looked at it and thought it could use a little help. So I asked Jessie if she would send me the picture & let me edit it.

So here's where you come in. Jessica really wants to print this picture for their house and I've done a few different edits for the pic. So take a look at the different "styles" and let us know which one you like the most. If you're like me & having trouble leaving comments on the blog, then email me your favorite one and I'll send along to Jess. We both appreciate you help!

1. The original. Super cute, just needed some tweaking (and disclaimer here: I'm not a professional so they aren't professionally edited)

From Evie

2. Edited version. I cropped it, fixed the white balance, upped the exposure since it was under exposed, added some blacks, vibrance & tad bit of saturation. Better huh??
From Evie

Here comes the fun part- I recently purchased some presets for Lightroom from One Willow. They're funky & fun and I play with them at a minimal. But thought it would be fun to see them here so here goes. (These presets were added to the edited file)

3. Afternoon Tea
From Evie

4. Compassion
From Evie

5. Imagination
From Evie

6. Songbird
From Evie

7. Spring Rain
From Evie

8. B&W Dream
From Evie

If you need to go back & look again- here's a recap.

Top- Original edit
Bottom- Afternoon Tea
From Collages

Top-Compassion
Bottom-Imagination
From Collages

Top- Songbird
Bottom- Spring Rain
From Collages

Here's another one just for fun. Evie wasn't quite in focus but it was still cute.
From Collages

The more I learn about photography, the more I realize its all about editing. Yes, you absolutely have to have composition and technique to make a good picture but to make your pictures "pop" you have got to edit. And learning to edit takes time. Lots & Lots of time and patience. That's why I'm so excited to be taking another Lightroom class this Saturday. I can't wait!

Okay- Get to voting!
Thanks,
Candice

Anonymous –   – (November 9, 2011 at 7:58 PM)  

I love the original edited one the most! Her coloring is better and she doesn't look so pale...like her momma!

-Jess

Kim  – (November 13, 2011 at 11:00 AM)  

I like your edit best, BF. Far and away. Then, my next favorite is the Songbird. Good work!

Mel :) –   – (November 16, 2011 at 6:31 AM)  

What an adorable little lady! LOVE the tutu!

I think the original edit looks great. But to play along... I like the coloring of Afternoon Tea and Songbird, but you lose some of the contrast in Evie's face (so some of the detail gets washed out, course some people might like that) - if you can bring back some of that detail (you should be able to in Lightroom, if not then definitely in Photoshop), then I think the photo would really POP!

I would also add some vignetting to the corners (darken them a bit) as I feel that this adds a special professional touch. Let me know if you need any help. What a fun idea!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP