Alison Krauss & Husband of the Year

Hello blog! Man, its been a long time since I've blogged. I apologize to my devoted blog followers- a.k.a. Victoria! Its been even longer since I picked up my camera. July was a completely exhausting month and I'm so glad all the activities,all the stress & all the attacks from Satan are over! I'm ready for the fall to be here- a new season (and much cooler weather).

We have a HUGE praise to share- Todd has kept his job at Cisco! Cisco layed off 6,500 people last week but God was FAITHFUL! God showed us his favor on us and we are forever grateful.

Lots of things have been going on since I've blogged last but I just want to share with you what we did on Thursday night. Anybody who knows me knows that I'm a HUGE country music fan and I love live concerts. I love summer because of all the concerts we can attend. I start in the early spring, get all the schedules and then map out who I'm (we now) are going to see. This year there was somebody special on that list- ALISON KRAUSS & THE UNION STATION. I had seen Alison a few years ago when she was touring with Robert Plant and it was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. An Allison Krauss concert isn't your typical redneck, screaming and hollin' kind of concert. Its more low key. More laid back and you just sit there stunned at how she sing like an absolute angel! To me- its a preview of heaven!

So I thought it was a no brainer when I bought the tickets. I though surely my husband would want to go. Boy, was I wrong! He told me from the very beginning that he wasn't a fan of hers and that he wouldn't mind if I asked other people to go. Weird, but ok. So I asked several of my friends. Even tried to convince my friend Geraldean to come to NC cause she loves Alison too! Nobody could make it. I even called my hairdresser because I remembered she said she liked Alison- nope, had to work. So Todd was stuck. I'd thought he'd just be real sweet like he always is and take one for the team. It took some convincing but he finally agreed to go.

So Wednesday, I'm sitting at my desk and an email comes through from Todd. He asked me if I had seen the front page of WRAL (our news station) this morning. I'm thinking its some big news about the economy. To my shock, I read this. Be sure to read the small caption-

From Alison Krauss

How does this man come up with these things? Husband of the Year? How did he impose his picture and that caption on a WRAL website and make it look real? My answer- I have NO idea. Guess they're kinda slow at Cisco since the layoff huh? I spit water on my scream from laughter and I think I peed my pants a little when I saw it. Note to self: If your husbands emails make you spit & pee on yourself- its a good sign you married the right person or that you're really old.

Anyhoo- here a few pics from the night. They're not that great- I had my iPhone and my point & shoot camera (that I have forgotten how to use). I have to mention that we were SECOND row. Amazing! Thats what you get when you buy the ticket within 30 seconds of them going on sale.

From Alison Krauss
From Alison Krauss
From Alison Krauss
From Alison Krauss
From Alison Krauss
From Alison Krauss

So before the concert, I prepped Todd on what his response would be after the concert. These were the things he was suppose to say-
"You're right Candice, Alison is awesome! Thank you so much for making me go. I'm sorry I resisted"
"You're so wise my sweet loving wife. I will ALWAYS listen to your wise council and not put up a fight"
"You were right. I was wrong. I trust you with all of our concert plans"
"She does sing like an angel. I'm so thankful to you for making me step out of the box, do something different!"

So Friday morning, this was the headline of the WRAL news-
From Alison Krauss

He's hysterical, I know! And he obviously has too much time on his hands.

Here's a little video of my FAVORITE Alison song. If you click on the picture it will take you to the video.
From Alison Krauss

We're headed to TEXAS tomorrow morning for a week. We've got a lots of parties, people to see and lots of cattle/farm work to be done. So there will be pictures to come.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Love,
Candice

P.S. Don't tell Todd but I totally had a trophy made for him "HUSBAND OF THE YEAR". He gets it while we're in TX. He'll love it!

Mel :) –   – (August 13, 2011 at 1:26 PM)  

Candice you are too cute! Looks like you had a great time, and I especially love Todd's adorably hilarious WRAL news clips :)

I'm going to miss you SOOOOOO much while you're in Texas, but I'm super excited to hear all the fun stories you'll have and see your photos.

p.s. Does your husband not read your blog (some husband of the year....)? Won't he notice the trophy comment?

Victoria  – (August 15, 2011 at 5:54 AM)  

Thanks for updating! My morning blog reading is complete! :)

Kim  – (August 15, 2011 at 8:39 AM)  

I think I peed my pants over this posting. I STILL have tears in my eyes. I think that's the funniest thing I've ever read. Both of y'all are hilarious! Love ya! Have a blast in TX!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP