Happy Mother's Day

This weekend we will be celebrating MOTHERS! We've all heard the saying "it say that it takes a village to raise a child". Well, this was my village.

From Blog Pics

My mom & all her 6 sisters had a girls outing a few weeks ago. If you can't tell what their shirts say- let me explain. It says

50% Abear (My MawMaw's side of the family)
50% Schexnider (My PawPaw's side of the family)
100 % Cajun

If you don't know my family then this is probably confusing so I apologize. All you need to know is we're a large CAJUN family. Because our family was so big and because my mom worked, my aunts took turns taking care of my sister and I. My Aunt Marian (4th from left) and my Aunt Cil (2nd from right) watched us for years. I grew up with their children and my cousins were more like brothers and sisters. Everybody had a part.

The village started with this one person. Lula Mae Schexnider. My mother's mother. She has been the glue to our family. Her prayers have reached the heavens and she's literally a saint walking among us.
From Blog Pics

Why do I share this?? (I promise I'm getting to the point).

I share this because I want to thank all my "mothers" out there.

Thank you to my MawMaw who had 11 children. She gave me my mother and gave me a crazy/wonderful extended family!

Thank you to my mom. I have the most wonderful mother on planet Earth! Not only is this chick one of the happiest people I know but she's also my biggest cheerleader. I could write an entire blog on how wonderful she is but if you know her, then you know what I mean and I don't have to explain. She's my momma. She's Mother Therese. Definitely one of a kind. And all MINE!
From COLOR

Thank you to the endless people who cared for me in NY while I was 1,800 miles away from home.

Thank you to all the "mothers" I have here in NC.

Thank you to my latest mother addition- Todd's mom (a.k.a. Mama Beth)
From Blog Pics

Its taken a LOT of people to raise me. So I have to say to you all, THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU!

Also, I have a lot of friends who will be celebrating Mother's Day for the 1st time this year! And speaking of new mothers, Todd & I will be in Atlanta this weekend meeting the newest Craig. Calista Leigh Craig was born April 20,2011. Can't wait to meet this sweet face!
From Blog Pics

Happy Mother's day to all!
Love,
Candice

Anonymous –   – (May 5, 2011 at 8:45 AM)  

Way to go Candice, I have cried until I messed up my makeup! I do believe Maw Maw Schexnider is the glue that has always kept this family togethter. She was the inspiration to how I conducted myself in "Motherhood". Thanks for the kind words! I love you Big Big like the World, my babygirl Candice......love you, Mom

Kelsey  – (May 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM)  

So is Calista Kinley's new lil' sister? How exciting. I never saw anything on fb about it, so I didn't know! Camille and I are endlessly talking about how much we want GIRLS! :)
Love all the photos! Miss you lots!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP