Umstead Hotel & Urban Landmarks

I have had so many parties lately that I have neglected my photography class on the blog. There are LOTS of pictures to share from the 3rd party that I hosted in 3 weeks but I need to focus on photography now.

So this week's lesson was double since we didn't actually have class last week. So you'll have DOUBLE the pictures to pick from! Instead of class last week, we took a field trip to the Umstead Hotel & Spa @ SAS campus. It was absolutely beautiful but pricey for a cocktail(before class). Unfortunately the hotel wouldn't let us take pictures inside but we got to walk around the perimeter. They have a cool pond with fountains that patrons can view from their back patio.

Here are a few pics for you to choose from for the Umstead assignment. Remember- you want to pick 3!

1.

From Umstead Hotel

2.
From Umstead Hotel

3.
From Umstead Hotel

4.
From Umstead Hotel

5.
From Umstead Hotel

6.
From Umstead Hotel

7.
From Umstead Hotel

8.
From Umstead Hotel

9.
From Umstead Hotel

10.
From Umstead Hotel


The next assignment for this week is Urban Landmarks. We are suppose to photograph famous landmarks but come up with a unique perspective of the subject. This past weekend I helped host a bachelorette party for my friend Kaleena. It was an ALL day & ALL night event. We started out the day @ the Taste of Carolina Food tour in Durham. It was AWESOME! If you are in the Raleigh area & have never done a food tour with these guys, you've absolutely got to. And a wise tip: eat just a little before you go.

I didn't know this but apparently Downtown Durham is the mecca for awesome food & awesome photography. I got so many good shots of the old tobacco bars, new buildings & beautiful sky. It was a great day, tons of fun and I got to fulfill my class assignment in the process. So here are the takes for Urban Landmarks. Remember- pick 3!

1.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

2.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

3.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

4.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

5.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

6.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

7.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

8.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

9.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

10.
From Kaleena's Bachelorette

Ok- you know the drill. Leave a comment with your top 3 for both the Umstead & Urban Landscapes. I have class on Wednesday night so I need all comments made by Wed afternoon.

Thanks!
Candice

Kim  – (July 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM)  

Good work, BF! Umstead= 2,5,7

Urban= 1,2,7 (I loved 7!) and 10 is really cool.

Love ya!
~Kim Ray :)

Nat  – (July 12, 2011 at 6:08 AM)  

Great shots. I like the artistic tilt but be careful with it taking away from the main subject. For the first bunch I like 3, 9, 10. And I agree I love Durham, it has a very urban chic feel. I like 4, 6, 7 and 10!

Victoria  – (July 12, 2011 at 7:07 AM)  

For Unstead: 3, 5, 7

For Urban: 1, 2, 4, 7

Mel :) –   – (July 12, 2011 at 9:05 AM)  

Umstead: 2, 5, 10
Urban: 2, 4, 7, 8

and I love how you employed the Mel Tilt!!!

Love you!

Lisa Craig  – (July 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM)  

Umstead: 3,5,8
Urban: 1,2,7

They're all awesome! I'm loving your work! :)

Anonymous –   – (July 12, 2011 at 11:22 AM)  

Umstead hotel= 2, 3 7 and Urban 7, 1, 2 in that order Urban 7 was my favorite----the girl touching the picture was a sweet touch! Ju are getting so good! love you, Mom

Anonymous –   – (July 12, 2011 at 4:08 PM)  

Umstead- 3, 5, 10
Urban- 1, 3, 7

They are all great, I am jealous!
Love you, Jessica (Van Huis)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP