Thanksgiving Part I

Lots going on in Texas so thought I'd share a few pics before Part II of Thanksgiving begins tomorrow. Its literally the calm before the storm right now. Todd & I flew in on Sunday and have been chilin on the farm for a few days. We've had some quiet, quality time with Rodney and Mother Therese. All that ends tonight as my mother's 19 Thanksgiving guests arrive. Yes, I said 19!!!! The philosophy around here has always been and will always be "THE MORE, THE MERRIER".

Rodney recently built a new hay barn and also purchased a brand new John Deere tractor. He was anxious to show Todd both.





Rod gave a quick instruction lesson on how to drive the tractor then cut Todd lose. Todd got to load up the hay bales all by himself. I assisted with opening all the gates while riding along on the 4 wheeler.









The cows were so hungry that they literally attacked the tractor before Todd could even put the bales down.





My two favorite cowboys. By the end of the morning Todd was planning how he'd quit his job, move to Texas and become a hay farmer. Don't think so dude! I like my city life!




On Monday, I borrowed my mom's car and drove into "town". Beaumont is about an hour away and I went to visit one of old and dearest friends, Amanda White. Amanda had twins earlier in the year and Madilynn, her oldest, just turned 2 in October. Needless to say, Amanda is one busy woman!



This is Madilynn. She is the cutest and one of the happiest babies I've seen. When you tell her to smile for the camera, this is the face you get. Too cute!




This is Payton. Amanda says he doesn't like to be set down so he's always in somebody's arms.




And this is Hannah. She doesn't mind playing on her own. She loved this bouncing chair.



Last night Todd did a little fishing at the pond in the backyard. This boys loves the country life!



This was the sunset last night.



Todd is currently fishing with Rodney & the neighbor and I'm helping my mom cook. Getting ready for Part II of Thanksgiving 2010!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with their family and friends!

Love,
The Craigs

Nat  – (November 24, 2010 at 6:34 PM)  

I'm glad you guys are having a good time. And let part two and the craziness begin. Have a blast and a blessed Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP