Meet Mr. Benton

I'm SO excited to share the next few images with you. I have to put a disclaimer out there first: I am NOT a professional photographer nor do I claim to be. These are NOT professional photos. This is just a proud Aunt who hopefully captured a moment in time. I also have to say that I had help editing some of these pictures. Johnny Johnson at Southeastern Camera actually sat down with me showed me how to edit in Photoshop. He showed me a ton about Photoshop (which I do not have but need desperately) and he took these pictures from okay to beautiful. If you EVER need anything "camera", I highly recommend dealing with Southeastern and with Johnny!

Leading up to this Newborn shoot, I did a lot of preparing. I read two books on how to photography babies. I stalked newborn photographer blogs and came up with a collection of images that I wanted to capture. I also purchased a few props and with the help of my friend Mel, we created baskets and signs. So a lot of time and preparation went into these images.

Then it came time to take them. I was nervous. I prayed for weeks about that day. Prayed that Benton would be born on or before the 21st of of August so that I could get pictures of him before he turned 2 weeks old, I prayed that he would sleep the entire time and prayed for NO baby acne. I think God had something else in mind because nothing that I prayed for happened.  Benton was born on the afternoon of August 25 which meant that I wouldn't be able to get to Atlanta until the weekend after Labor Day. That put him at 17 days old. Baby acne was up and running by then (but with the help of Photoshop, you can't see it. Amazing!). Also, Benton didn't think that getting booty naked and hanging out in baskets was fun. He would cry about 60 seconds later which meant I got 60 seconds to get the shoot. Can't say that I blame him but he didn't want anything to do with all my props. God bless his parents for putting up with me and all my stuff because they were exhausted. He didn't sleep much the night before and his tummy wasn't feeling good so to say they were sleep deprived is an understatement. So it really didn't go the way I planned and prayed but thats ok. That is life. And I've got to learn to go with the flow especially if I want to continue in children photography.

My hope is that these images capture this "season" of life. Benton will grow up so fast and his parents will look back on these images one day and say "I don't remember him ever being so little". I also hope that this is a reminder to Marcus & Lisa that this stage won't last forever. I pray God is their strength during these first few weeks of sleepless nights. I also pray God's blessing on my newest nephew. Aunt Kiss loves you!!!

So without further adieu, I've made you wait long enough. I introduce you to the newest member of the Craig family!

Marcus Benton Craig II
August 25, 2011
6 lbs 13 ounces

From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Collages
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Collages
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig
From Benton Craig

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Love,
Candice (a.k.a. Aunt Kiss)

geraldean  – (September 22, 2011 at 6:16 PM)  

These are SOOO awesome! You did a great job! What a treasure for the family!

Kim  – (September 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM)  

Candice, these were INCREDIBLE! I don't know why you did all the disclaimers. I'm VERY impressed, girl! :) He is beautiful. I really liked your creative ideas. Good work! Love ya! :)

Kelsey  – (September 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM)  

Wow "Aunt Kiss"!!! These are more than remarkable. Your talent is certainly praise-worthy. It took me the longest time to figure out which babies where with which family, but now it is all clear. Houston and Calista and then Kinley and Benton... Got It! They are all super precious and I am quite jealous you were able to visit them. I can only pray that I will be able to see them again someday! You planted the seed of love and it just wants to keep growing, but I hardly even see pics. SO THANK YOU! Again, your photography is exceptional. Lots of Love! XOXO

Kelsey  – (September 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM)  

very impressive my friend. my friend's lindsey and casey are doing photography as well now and i hear newborns are the most challenging but the most precious...you did such a great job. the stories behind you would never know from the end result. glad you are still loving it. keep up the good work and maybe one day you can shoot my kids. you have real talent, my friend.

Candice Craig  – (September 24, 2011 at 9:17 AM)  

Thanks everybody for all the kind words. The reaction has been great and ya are all so sweet! Love you

Anonymous –   – (September 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM)  

Oh my goodness, I don't even know this baby but love him because of your beautiful pictures....how awesome, they came out FABULOUS...you have an eye for this stuff....good job on the pictures....he is beautiful......I know his parents are very proud....much love, Mom

Nat  – (September 26, 2011 at 2:56 PM)  

These are great! He is adorable and I love all the props. I'm so happy you have found such a great resource at Southeastern Camera. Can't wait for more photo shoots.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP