February 20, 2010



I can't start a blog and not talk about February 20, 2010. The best day of my life and the day that God fulfilled His promise to me. It's a long story on how I met my husband (sometimes can't believe I actually have a HUSBAND and can save that) but I'll give a recap.

I was minding my own business doing God's work in Belize on a mission trip and preparing for a life of singleness in Africa working with orphans when I sat next to the hottest/funniest man in the world. Todd & I had been on a mission trip in Belize for over a week and I haven't really noticed him. It wasn't until our last day of the trip that I sat next to him and God literally pulled the veil from my eyes so that I could really see him. We both knew right away that we were soulmates & were married 6 months later. There are so many God stories to share about those few months but two verses sums it all up. Matt 7:11 says that God gives good gifts to His children. And Ps 27:13-14 says "I would have desparied unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."

I felt like I had waited on the Lord for so long for Todd. I wish I could say that I had great faith and believed that God would fulfill my heart's desire of being of wife. But I didn't. I instead just gave up on the dream and started focusing on other things besides my singness and thats when I accidently sat down next to Todd on the bus. And because God is so good- He blessed me anyways and I have seen the goodness in the land of the living (I wake up to it every morning).

We have been married 3 months and now I know why my heart longed for him for all those years. Because being married to him is wonderful! The dude is way funnier than me and keeps me rolling. I love hanging out with him and look forward to a lifetime together.

I feel truly blessed!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP